SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

Reaction score
Ran memtest, got an error on test #7 on Pass #3. And then it hit 10 passes with no more errors. Is this something that should concern me? Or should i just take the RAM out, pop it back in, and try again?

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it was one error throughout the whole process. Oh, and i wrote down all the error codes and stuff to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting off the computer here pretty quick, i figure that i should take out and put the sticks back in, then run memtest again to see what happens.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't want to field this question because I'm not a hardware expert but it's always a possibility the RAM is fine and it's the MOBO is faulty.

Did they send two sticks or one? Do you now have matched pairs? Make/model?

Reaction score
They sent two sticks, brand new in the plastic package. I'll have to check their model in a second, but they're both A-DATA brand. I just got that one error again. This time on test 8, pass 1. Maybe i should bring it up to the question to see if they know? Also, if my Motherboard were faulty, wouldn't it have error'd when i only had the one working stick in my computer? *Edit* models match up, which makes sense to me now since they were brand new out of the package.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is the error message?

It's my understanding any message in red from memtest86+ is a bad thing.

Reaction score
What is the error message?

It's my understanding any message in red from memtest86+ is a bad thing.
Failing address
001b853084c

Good
4227a544

Bad
42a7a5dd

ERR-Bits

Test

Pass

ECC ERRs

That's what it told me when it gave me the red fail notice.

Reaction score
I told the company, and they said that one error isn't necessarily faulty RAM, and to just use it like normal and see what happens. Thanks for all your help guys. I think this one should be (Finally) marked as solved.

Reaction score
I'll have the warranty for another 2 years, so i don't think so. If the warranty was coming up, i'd make them replace the sticks right now.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
You don't have to believe us, but RED in MemTest86+ is a bad thing.

Best to provide screen shots, if possible.

Reaction score
Yeah, i know its a bad thing. But it isn't giving me trouble YET.And i still have to get the old RAM sticks back to them, and then i'll get another set that hopefully. won't blow up in my face. And i'll get a screen shot next time i run memtest

Reaction score
If my memory of the model number is correct, yes. But when i get off the computer, i'll write the number down off of a stick and make sure.

Reaction score
Huh, i guess it isn't. Mine is AX3U1600GC469-2G And the only one close to that is AX3U1600GC4G9-D2G And i forgot to run memtest last night, but i'll do it tonight.

Ask a Question