SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, and make sure it matches the other stick, but until then try your system on just 4 and see if it runs w/o BSODs.

Reaction score
Well, i ran it with both sticks in, got errors, took out the right stick, got errors, put the right stick back and took out the left stick, got no errors, put the right stick in the left stick's slot to make sure it wasn't the slot, got no errors.

And the stick i have out of my computer right now, the broken one, is not on that list, i don't know about the other one, so maybe that's why it was getting errors?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You should get the info off the working stick and get one that matches it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well it's not listed but it likely would work if it wasn't faulty. If you can get them to replace both for some listed, that would be nice. Some on the list that runs a bit faster would be even better.

But if they won't do that I would at least try a matching replacement stick and memtest them together.

Reaction score
I told them that they didn't match my motherboard and sent them the list, waiting for a response now.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Just wondering how you are going with your computer? Still problems?

Reaction score
I apologize, i didn't get an email saying there was a post here. Anyway, since i took out that bad RAM stick, no blue screens, and my new RAM got here today. there was a note saying "Please install it and use default settings, even if defaults to 1333mHz." So, go into my BIOS and click "Set to default" Or remove my CMOS battery?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just set it in BIOS. I wouldn't remove the battery.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No.

Turn it off, unplug it, open it, ground yourself (touch a metal lamp to discharge any static electricity), take the memory out of the static-free bag, insert the new memory.

Close it back up and boot, immediately go into BIOS.

Reaction score
No.

Turn it off, unplug it, open it, ground yourself (touch a metal lamp to discharge any static electricity), take the memory out of the static-free bag, insert the new memory.

Close it back up and boot, immediately go into BIOS.
Alrighty man, i'll do it here in a few minutes. Felling kind of ill at the moment. xD

Reaction score
Okay, i installed the RAM (Scariest package opening of my life) And then started it up, missed the Bios screen, shut it down, went back into bios and had it load "UEFI defaults" Should i run memtest at all? Or no?

Ask a Question