SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

Shintaro

Reaction score
The update to the network driver should have solved it. Looks like it is a bit deeper.
Let's try to catch it with Driver Verifier.

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)
Driver verifier
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:

1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
  5. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  6. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  7. Select "Finish" on the next page.

• Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
  • Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
  • The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
The update to the network driver should have solved it. Looks like it is a bit deeper.
Let's try to catch it with Driver Verifier.

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)
Driver verifier

Let us know how you go.
It hasn't BSoD'd since that day. That sounds scary as hell XD But i'll set it up when i get off tonight (If i remember) I'm a little scared since i don't have anything else to contact you guys with if it does keep crashing before i can get it in safe mode. And i don't have anything to backup the files onto so i'd lose everything XD

Shintaro

Reaction score
Then I strongly suggest you print the instructions.

Reaction score
put it on your phone/ ereader/ tablet/ print it out somewhere else...

I tried it and its not that scary!

After a BSOD I can choose start normally/ or the 3 safe mode boot options!

Reaction score
put it on your phone/ ereader/ tablet/ print it out somewhere else...

I tried it and its not that scary!

After a BSOD I can choose start normally/ or the 3 safe mode boot options!
I totally only have this computer, and a 3ds XD If it BSoD's again, i'll try this out. It just seems that with my luck, i'll get stuck in BSoD Purgatory..

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

I need Driver Verifier on. I am not seeing the culprit.
Are you able to write out the instructions and enable it?

Shintaro

Reaction score
OK, well when you get a chance to enable Driver Verifier and it crashes, please upload the crash files.

Reaction score
Okey dokey. I'd also like to point out, that any video with an ad at the beginning won't load for me, on youtube. I dunno if that's helpful, but i thought you should know. Its only video with ads infront, and only on youtube.com

Nevermind, girlfriend says its happening to her too, so i don't think its anything wrong with my comp.

Double nevermind, she said she refreshed it like 3 times and it started working. So maybe its me or youtube. Because refreshing didn't work for me xD

Last edited:
Reaction score
And, as if on queue, it BSoDs right as i shut it off last night xD I know you might be able to help until i put driver verifier on, but here's the DMP anyway, i've been trying to find something to backup my files with though so i can do the verifier.

Reaction score
It might actually have something to do with Skype, since when it does BSoD on shutdown like that, it always makes me log back in and do my skype settings (Mic, speakers, profile picture etc...) Over again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the last dump suggests a network driver issue so you should see if your NIC drivers are up-to-date.

Ask a Question