SOLVED Random BSoDing Please help.

Shintaro

Reaction score
yes, It should install over the old one. Or it will tell you to uninstall it fist.

Reaction score
Or do i delete it, and re-download it? *Edit* Ah, sorry. Didn't see the third page

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm, whenever i try to download it, it just takes me to my profile page, and doesn't download. I guess i'll have to uninstall and re-download.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If it has .zip on the end of the file, then double click on the file. That should open the zip. Then selct all the files and copy them to a directory somewhere. Look for file like setup.exe and double click on that.
Other than that I will have a look in the morning. Well morning for me here in Australia.

Reaction score
Huh, i copied the files, and then i opened the folder, clicked on Win7, 64, (bit i assume) and there isn't a setup file. There's a setup information file, but that only shows me a bunch of techno babble (atleast to me) The others are named - RTNUninst64.dll - note - rt64win7 (Security Catalog) - rt64win7 (Setup Information) - rt64win7.sys - RtNicprop64.DLL - The DLL files don't do anything when i click them, the note is for patents, and the catalog is more techno babble for me.

Reaction score
Hey, i haven't installed the new Logmein, or the Realtek drivers yet, and it just blue screened, so i figured i should put the new mini dump file in here. Here it is.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
there isn't a setup file. There's a setup information file
If you are looking inside a zip, it is important that first you unzip all the RealTek driver files/folders to a temporary folder you create. Then you said it has a setup information file; right-click and choose INSTALL from the context menu.

Reaction score
If you are looking inside a zip, it is important that first you unzip all the RealTek driver files/folders to a temporary folder you create. Then you said it has a setup information file; right-click and choose INSTALL from the context menu.
It says "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation."

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then you will need to go to Control Panel>Device Manager and find your Network Card in the list. Double-click. DRIVER tab. click Update Driver. If it says Search for driver say no & use the browse hard drive option. Point it to the unzipped folder.

Reaction score
Alright, i'll get right on that, but last night, i BSoD'd Twice very quickly. The second one came right after the restart. And again right when i turned it on today. I thought i'd dump these files here just for information's sake.

Attachments

Reaction score
Then you will need to go to Control Panel>Device Manager and find your Network Card in the list. Double-click. DRIVER tab. click Update Driver. If it says Search for driver say no & use the browse hard drive option. Point it to the unzipped folder.
Is it called "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"? Because i only see that, and "Hamachi Network Interface" when i click on "Network Adapters." The Driver on the Realtek thing says its from 6/23/2010

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
"Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" is the one ... see Shintaro's description "Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 19:10:45 2010" above plus the fact you downloaded them from Realtek not Hamachi.

And did you either uninstall or update "Log Me In"? Because my gut tells me that since it happens when you are logging in ... maybe it's that!? Just FYI, this is the Hamachi and it needs fixed or deleted too but the one we were talking about is Realtek.

Check out this Bing search for "Log me in" causing BSODs. Something about the "mirror driver" not working 100% of the time ... sounds bad. Proving it is the cause of your troubles is easy, uninstall Log Me In for a few days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" is the one ... see Shintaro's description "Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 19:10:45 2010" above plus the fact you downloaded them from Realtek not Hamachi.

And did you either uninstall or update "Log Me In"? Because my gut tells me that since it happens when you are logging in ... maybe it's that!? Just FYI, this is the Hamachi and it needs fixed or deleted too but the one we were talking about is Realtek.

Check out this Bing search for "Log me in" causing BSODs. Something about the "mirror driver" not working 100% of the time ... sounds bad. Proving it is the cause of your troubles is easy, uninstall Log Me In for a few days.
Okay, gonna install this driver, and un-install Logmein and Logmein hamachi. Since i only used it for Minecraft multiplayer, and can redownload if i have to.

Reaction score
Do i need to delete Log me in too? Or just un-install it? *Edit* Okay, uninstalled Log Me in and Log Me In Hamachi. And installed the new drivers. (I believe. It does say the Drivers are now from 6/12/2012 instead of 2010.) Let's see how it goes. And, it didn't always happen on start up. Sometimes just randomly. But sometimes they would happen one right after the other, like, right after or even during start up. Or sometimes after hours of being on the computer. It depended.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It seems Log Me In is some sort of program so uninstall it via control panel>programs and features. When you run the uninstall, if it offers to remove settings, etc, tell it NO, to keep the settings ... as you might want them if you do reinstall. During the uninstall, Log Me In's files will be deleted from the \Program Files\ directory automatically. The Log Me In Installation program you downloaded (example to your Downloads folder) will still be wherever you downloaded it to and you don't need to delete that.

Then go into Device Manager and verify the driver is gone too.

Reaction score
It seems Log Me In is some sort of program so uninstall it via control panel>programs and features. When you run the uninstall, if it offers to remove settings, etc, tell it NO, to keep the settings ... as you might want them if you do reinstall. During the uninstall, Log Me In's files will be deleted from the \Program Files\ directory automatically. The Log Me In Installation program you downloaded (example to your Downloads folder) will still be wherever you downloaded it to and you don't need to delete that.

Then go into Device Manager and verify the driver is gone too.
I told it to delete the settings since i wasn't sure, but it doesn't matter since i only had one network. And the Hamachi driver isn't in the network adapter part of the device manager. So i think its gone.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Only time will tell if Log Me In was the cause of the BSOD ...

but were you able to update the Realtek driver for your NIC as well? You should still update that to the latest.

Ask a Question