Problems with displaying the colors in Photoshop

Reaction score
Yesterday, Windows 7 notified me that it has some new updates. I allowed it to install them and from that moment I have problems with Photoshop. When I opened it first time, after Win 7 installed the updates, it told me that my screen is defect and I have to calibrate it or something like this. It doesn't display the colors properly. For instance white is yellow, gray is brown and so on. But if I save for web the file, Photoshop displays properly the colors in that box. I opened Illustrator and Flash to see if in there are same problems and these two display properly the colors. Only PS doesn't work. So I unistalled it, I installed it again. I installed the last driver of my video card. I downloaded it from nvidia website. And same problems with PS. I have all these problems with PS since Win 7 installed those updates. Any suggestions to fix the problem?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I haven't used Photoshop in awhile but I do remember that there is a Calibrate feature imbeded in the menu somewhere. Another thing to try is to recalibrate your video card/monitor through Windows itself. Open your Control Panel and Click on Display. On the left side there should be a selection for Calibrate Color, just click it and go through it and see if that makes any changes

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I find it happens for updates in video card drivers and/or monitor drivers. If you check your Installed Updates (Control Panel > Windows Update > View Update History) you will most likely see windows updated one or the other. As to the why, I can only sumize that the update places your video card/monitor into a 'default' color scheme which then needs to be calibrated.

Ask a Question