Problems with default settings turning off

Reaction score
Hi
I am using Windows 7 and every time I re/start my computer I have to manually turn on Adjust Clear Type Settings - it has defaulted to being turned off. How/where can I turn it back on permanently. Also, when I try to open a photograph in My Pictures, I have to manually select to view in Large Icon every time I click into a folder, which can significantly increase the time it takes to sort out photographs. Can anyone help to sort out making this a default setting too?
Thanks for any help offered

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Pictures is a specific category so if you change the setting in one folder it normally affects them all. If that is NOT what is happening here then my guess is your registry is messed up. A registry issue is also probably what is going on with your clear type settings.

If you know when the problem started you could try finding a system restore point prior to the problem start.

If that's not an option then you could try is creating a new userid and see if the settings remain when you log off & on with that ID; if it works then move all your files over to the new account and delete the old one.

That should work if the problem is your current_user section of the registry but if it is the global sections then your best chance is a complete reinstall, backing up all your data to an external drive and then reinstalling everything.

Ask a Question