Problem with VMHybr64.sys ... or so it seems ?!

Reaction score
Greetings,

Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable guy or gals out there may be able to pin point this 'issue' and help me resolve it ???

Recently bought A Videomate C100 PCI Video/Audio capture card. Installed and was working OK after install of the software/drivers from the accompanying CD.

However, I tried using it a few days ago and although I'm getting sound, I'm not getting any video. I've checked all connections and cabling etc and everything is OK (checked with other equipment). Contacted the manufacturer and was advised to use version 1.3.8.2 of the driver.

One thing though, I ws advised by the manufacturer that after uninstall and reboot, I should cancel the Windows driver installation process and then select to install from the CD ... big problem is though, that as far as my version/setuo of Windows 7 goes, it's not possible to do this as it all appears to take place autoimatically behind the scenes whilst the operating system is booting ... the only notification is a momentary popup ballon warning of the install without any option to stop it or intervene.

Upon checking I found that the pci card was using version 1.3.9.0 of the driver VHMybr64.sys, so I have tried to uninstall that version via both the software installation package and later, via the Windows 7 management console, and indeed, version 1.3.8.2 loads OK. However, when I try to use the card I still get no video ... and upon checking find that the driver has reverted back to the 1.3.9.0 version !!!

I am totally baffled by this behaviour ! ... and having now tried to uninstall the later version an number of times now, I'm at a total loss as to how to proceed !

Can anyone suggest a solution ... other than throwing the lot in the bin !?!?!?! LOL LOL

Thanks in anticipation.

O T T

Reaction score
That card is from compro yes?
I was trying a compro tv/tuner card and had all sorts of grief with it. In the end I returned it for a refund.
Not helping your problem I know but maybe there's something about Compro and Win7

Reaction score
That card is from compro yes?
I was trying a compro tv/tuner card and had all sorts of grief with it. In the end I returned it for a refund.
Not helping your problem I know but maybe there's something about Compro and Win7
Well ... after all this I was tending towards that line of thought myself !

Thanks for the input

Ask a Question