Problem with my Alienware Keyboard

Reaction score
Ok so something is corrupted because when I try to edit the theme this error pops up and when I close the pop up the command center crashes. What could it be?
I've attached a screen shot of the error message. Any help appreciated. I've tried the most common things. Uninstalling, reinstalling, repair, etc. Google search came up with very limited info. One person did a whole mess of registry edits which looked more complicated than I wanted to deal with. If I google search just the error of "HRESULTE_FAIL" a whole bunch of links show up, but none of it really helped with my specific issue. So this is a common error to windows I'm guessing that's caused by the application that's been corrupted. I just don't know what was corrupted since uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help. I frankly don't want to go to the extreme of reinstalling windows for this.

Attachments

Reaction score
Does anybody know what that "HRESULTE_FAIL" is specifically. What does it refer to?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I beleive it is referring to a COM component. Such as COM ports. Perhap you should uninstall and then reinstall the driver for the keyboard?

Alienware is owned by DELL, so there is no telling. Usually anything DELL touches turns to scat.

You might also try a System Restore.

I searched the issue you posted about and it seems this error message can apply to many different aspects of the operating system.

Ask a Question