problem with graphics card

Reaction score
i dont know if the video card and the graphics card is the same thing (because im not from UK or USA)

my problem is that i have installed the driver and by the devices appears a yellow sign that shows that i have installed nothing what should i do ? my card is : ati radeon saphire x1550 (if someone didnt understand that what i wrote plz ask me for more explainations)

Reaction score
If your running W7 with this card you should have microsoft drivers WMMD installed. That said, the x1550 is incredibly old in this day and age, you might want to think about upgrading your hardware.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

this site lists legacy drivers that are for W7/vista/XP and older GPUs. Pick your card and/or OS.

Hope that helps

Reaction score
i don't know if the video card and the graphics card is the same thing (because I'm not from UK or USA)

my problem is that i have installed the driver and by the devices appears a yellow sign that shows that i have installed nothing what should i do ? my card is : ati radeon sapphire x1550 (if someone didn't understand that what i wrote plz ask me for more explanations)
Yes, Graphics cards and Video cards are the same thing.

You can find your graphics card drivers here - Sapphire driver download center

You can also try the ATI Catalyst™ Display Driver for legacy devices. This download is a Vista driver for 32-Bit and 64-Bit. Legacy devices do not have Windows 7 support, however they should work.

Reaction score
i tried the second one and it didnt work ... when i finished the installation a box appeared and i think it said that i dont have the properly driver

Reaction score
If your running W7 with this card you should have microsoft drivers WMMD installed. That said, the x1550 is incredibly old in this day and age, you might want to think about upgrading your hardware.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

this site lists legacy drivers that are for W7/vista/XP and older GPUs. Pick your card and/or OS.

Hope that helps
i didnt understand exactly what u mean but ok

Reaction score
what are the WMMD
He may have meant to say WDDM.
If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration
Read more here - ATI Catalyst™ Display Driver for legacy devices

Faun Veedaz, and myself have pointed you to the Legacy drivers which are found in this link. The XP driver download is for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit. The Vista drivers are for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit. So the only thing you need to consider is downloading XP or Vista drivers. Your card does not have support for Windows 7. I know this is not what you want to hear but it is the truth.

You can upgrade to a newer card that supports WDDM 1.1 if you choose too. The easiest way to figure this out is to see which cards have Windows 7 support. Windows 7 Supported ATI cards can be found in the Catalyst release notes.

If you feel we are misleading you try this link and find out for yourself - Graphics Drivers & Software

Reaction score

---

Yeah whoops. Sorry.

Reaction score

Read more here - ATI Catalyst™ Display Driver for legacy devices

Faun Veedaz, and myself have pointed you to the Legacy drivers which are found in this link. The XP driver download is for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit. The Vista drivers are for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit. So the only thing you need to consider is downloading XP or Vista drivers. Your card does not have support for Windows 7. I know this is not what you want to hear but it is the truth.

You can upgrade to a newer card that supports WDDM 1.1 if you choose too. The easiest way to figure this out is to see which cards have Windows 7 support. Windows 7 Supported ATI cards can be found in the Catalyst release notes.

If you feel we are misleading you try this link and find out for yourself - Graphics Drivers & Software
i have already searched in this in this site but thanks .. can you explain me what the WDDM is ? and can you send me a link to download it ?

Reaction score
i have already searched in this in this site but thanks .. can you explain me what the WDDM is ? and can you send me a link to download it ?

WDDM is not a download. Your hardware either supports these features or they do not. That would be the same as trying to download USB 2.0 or SATAII. It is a standard for hardware that sofware manufaturers can use in creating their products.

Reaction score
WDDM is not a download. Your hardware either supports these features or they do not. That would be the same as trying to download USB 2.0 or SATAII. It is a standard for hardware that sofware manufaturers can use in creating their products.
ok and is it so importand to support my video card WDDM? and what are these version 1.0 and 1.1?

Reaction score
If its a really old graphics card Windows 7 may just not work with it at all. (time to face facts) Anybody tried Geforce 2 MX with Win 7?

Reaction score
ok and is it so importand to support my video card WDDM? and what are these version 1.0 and 1.1?
No. WDDM is simply what Windows 7 uses by default, BUT ONLY on video cards that dont have their own drivers. Eg. ATI HD 3xxx series and above (4 & 5 series) all have Windows 7 drivers, so they do NOT need WDDM. Older ATI cards such as the X1900 series are too old to have their own drivers, thats were WDDM comes in. Its acts a generic driver to work with Windows7. However, your card is too old for even WDDM, therefore you need the Legacy drivers that are available through all the links provided by the helpful people on this thread.

At least, thats my take on it.

Ask a Question