Problem when booting into 7

Reaction score
This has been having about 3 times now. I'll install everything on 7, restart it, and I cant get back into Windows. I just did a system restore because I couldnt get back in

Is there anything I can do to prevent this in the future?

Btw, what happens is I get past "Windows is starting up" then its a black screen with a mouse cursor, and it stays there

I need help...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the RC version of Windows 7? When you say you install everything on 7, do you mean the OS installs ok on your computer, but when adding software later on it fails? If so, it sounds like its a 3rd party application doing this.

Does safe mode work? Did you install any drivers before this error happened?

The more information you can provide the better :)

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Also, is this a 'legit' beta release? Some of the builds available on various Torrent sites have been 'tampered' with.

Reaction score
I just ran into this. Restart your comp and boot into F8. Choose the "allow low resolution" choice. When Windows starts, access you multiscreen funtion for your monitor & choose to display for all monitor choices. Reset your resolution to what you normally use & reboot. Win 7 should then start normally.:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back with how you fixed it, that's a big help to anyone with the same problem :)

Ask a Question