SOLVED Acer Aspire 5532 touchpad / scrolling problem. Please help.

Reaction score
I've just had my new (as of X-mas) laptop reformatted because I thought I'd like XP better on it than Windows 7. Seriously, there's a lot of things that rub me the wrong way with 7. Just so we're clear, I'm not a tech, so if you are to give me info's I'd probably require the dumbed down version. The person who has done the most work is unavailable right now. If the job is to be done swiftly, I'm the guy to do it. So please help me out.

Anyway, the Windows XP didn't work for my wireless and was a b!tch to sort out for nearly everything else. Apparently this laptop design is only compatible with Vista and later OS. I've managed to get 7 to work again, though some stuff is still glitchy, but I cannot seem to find a driver that'll let my scroll pad work properly. It's kind of a pain.

Right now I'm using TouchPad_ALPS_7.102.2002.208_W7x64W7x86_A. The mouse pad function is erratic and slow, and, of course, the scroll does not work.

All I'm really looking for right now is a quick fix. There's little use in asking me if I've checked some subroutine or another, since everything I've done with it is what has been recommended in the driver's settings. I'm not sure where to turn but, I'm pretty sure you guys know what you are doing.

Got anything for me?

Reaction score
Oh yeah. The laptop is 64 bit, not 32 (x86, I guess). I think I'll try finding a version developed specifically for the 64 bit. Maybe that'll have a better result.

Please don't hesitate to post!

Dan

Reaction score
I've found a Synaptics driver that came out recently for Windows 7 x64 that's pretty general in its application. I'll give it a shot.

By the way. Acer's support site sucks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://www.kombitz.com/2009/01/11/synaptics-touchpad-driver-for-windows-7/

Here's the info I found. I've installed the driver, and I'll restart now. See you on the flip side.

It's working! No problems, whatsoever. The jerkiness, the slow response, the scrolling issue; all gone!

It's kind of cool that I found this on a wayward path. This sort of this ought to be the first on the list, don't you think? Anyway, I'm glad for Xenode's help, and for this site. I'll check back in if I have any more issues I need to resolve. For now, though, every thing's peachy.

Last edited:

Ask a Question