ACER PROBLEM

Reaction score
bad problem

My acer aspire 5516, will just randomly turn black. the backlight is on but it turns black and i must turn the pc off and then on for it to work. therefore lose all unsaved data. nothing in particular seems to trigger it. but it also does the same thing when trying to wake from sleep mode. but when i connect to an external moniter such as my tv. all problems dissappear
does anyone know how to prevent / fix this issue?

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Could this be an issue with your power-saving settings? I would start there.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Might be a BIOS setting for powersaving features. I would look into it and disable them.

Reaction score
I know a lot about the opperating systems and hardware but when you talk about BIOS you lose me can you tell me thaqt is and how to do it?

Reaction score
I know a lot about the opperating systems and hardware but when you talk about BIOS you lose me can you tell me thaqt is and how to do it?
I'm no expert, but BIOS is basically a startup configuration stored on your motherboard. The best thing is to check your PC/motherboard documentation for details.

To enter BIOS you will need to hold down a specific key while the PC boots up (before Windows starts.) For me it's the DELETE key, but it varies. If you can't find it in documentation, re-boot your PC and look at the first boot screen (where there should be details of things like physical RAM amount and installed disk drives.) Somewhere on that screen should be a message along the lines of "Press the DELETE key to enter BIOS". Unfortunately this screen can flash by pretty quickly.

Once in BIOS the simple things (like power management) should be self-explanatory. However, DON'T change anything unless you're sure what it does :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok. thank for your help. but all i could get int was bios set up. which had nothing about ram.

Ask a Question