Printer driver for "obsolete" DJ 5150

Reaction score
Is there any possibility that a more functional Win 7 x 64 bit driver will be written for the HP DeskJet 5150 series? The one that came with Win 7 has several problems, like too-wide minimum margins (especially the bottom margin), inconsistent font weight, difficulty setting ink useage, all of which were not a problem in Win XP. It's still a good printer on my old XP machine...just not with 7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If they haven't done so in two years then I would not expect they ever will.

Did you upgrade that computer from Vista? Because I do see there was a patch to fix some functionality that was lost by users that had upgraded. See the update listed HERE if this applies to you.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I upgraded from XP without going through Vista. However, I did try the link you posted some weeks ago in an attempt to rectify the problem, with no luck. I just thought I'd try all possible avenues before giving HP the boot and going to
Epson.

Ask a Question