Printer Driver problem with HP1022

Reaction score
I just changed out my XP PC with a new PC running Windows 7 64 bit professional. My HP printer worked just fine with my old PC, now it won't work properly with Windows 7.
Problem is that with driver (lj1020-HB-pnp-win64-en) supplied on the hp website won't install properly. When running and installing program it comes back waiting for user to connect to device. Of course I have tried another usb port, website, rebooting, etc. Does this mean my HP Laserjet 1022 is not compatible with Windows 7 64 professional? Any suggestions.

Reaction score
HP 1022 Printer problem

Like wise, I am recieving the same message when trying to load the driver. I've read of other printer drivers to try, which I did to no avail. Is there life out there for the printer?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
These are the instruction from the HP Drivers Download page. The driver number listed in the OP is correct.

For USB Connection:
1. Close any software programs running on your computer.
2. Click the Download only/b> button and save this file
2. Double click on the downloaded file. The self-extracting process will appear.
3. Click to accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
4. Driver installation begins. Driver files are pre-installed during this process.
5. A screen pops up to prompt to connect the USB cable. Insert the USB cable.
6. Device is connected, waiting for PnP to finish installing driver.
7. Click Finish to complete software installation.

The drivers are Windows 7 compatible. Have you tried following the exact instructions above to see if that works for you? Many times if the printer is turned on and then the drivers are installed will cause issues. Have you contacted HP Support for any advice or help?

Reaction score
Tried again with your instructions, still does not recongise when the printer is connected - I will try HP Support - Thanks

Reaction score
LaserJet 1022 and Windows 7

Did HP Support help you fix your problem? I've tried all the suggested fixes and am ready to call support. If they helped, what did you have to do?
Thanks

Reaction score
Still no luck - Support said my printer is out of warranty - let me know if you have any success please

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are complaints on HPs forum as well but I notice on this one there is a suggestion to try a Russian driver. I suppose if you absolutely cannot get the US driver to work then using the Russian driver may be worth a try; it's still from the HP site.

Ask a Question