SOLVED Duplicate printer drivers

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba laptop and I connect my printers through a USB hub. Sometimes when I plug it in it prints fine. Other times I plug it in it will install a second printer driver for the same printer. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm assuming it has to do with the hub, although I don't unplug the printer from the hub.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Are you plugging it in to the exact same position on the USB hub every time? If not make it as "Printer" and use that every time.

Reaction score
I have a regular printer and a Dymo printer that I leave plugged into the hub, and I just plug the hub into my computer when I need to print. I can't leave it plugged in because I need to take my computer with me places. I always plug it into the seam USP port on my computer.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Is there 2 USB ports on the laptop? One above the other?

Reaction score
When you asked about the two ports, I just realized what I'm doing. I have a key that goes in a USB port for a program I use for work. I have it in there most of the time, but occasionally I take it out. I think I'm plugging the printer into the that USB port when they key isn't in it. Boy do I feel dumb!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Don't worry, everyone does silly things. I have done heaps of silly things.
We are always happy to help here!

The main thing is, did it resolve your problem?? Please test to confirm.

Ask a Question