"Preparing to install" message keeps popping up...

Reaction score
"Preparing to install" message keeps popping up sometimes just randomly but always when I open iTunes.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, did a registry cleanup. But no joy.

I can't update anything, I had to use my SystemCare program to uninstall iTunes and when I reinstalled it said there were errors in the installation because another installation program was running!

Somebody please help, its driving me crazy !!!

Thanks
Mollie

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I would start by running a malware scan with MalwareBytes Free or Microsoft Security Essentials.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
When you uninstalled i-tunes, did you uninstall all the extra programs that Apple installs with it? Bonjour, i-tunes helper and some others?
I-tunes doesn't always play nice with Windows and it's hard to pinpoint the reason sometimes. I've had it working well for a time and then an update comes and wham, it all goes to hell. I gave up on it and uninstalled everything. I thought we needed it for our phones but it turns out we don't.

Ask a Question