Preparing Autofill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is there a way to "prime" Auto-fill so that you can FORCE Auto-fill to remember login name and Password? Auto-fill does not always "volunteer" to remember a login name and password.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
First, you failed to tell us what auto-fill you are talking about. Different browsers use different auto-fills. So do some email programs, Excel, Word, and more - including Windows itself.

BUT - this is a VERY BAD IDEA!!!! Especially with login credentials (usernames and passwords). All someone has to do is steal your computer and they have full access to all your accounts.

Auto-fill is great for other things, but not passwords.

Reaction score
Came across various auto fill programs but they don't fill out the password entry. That means, its not allowed by default to prevent your privacy.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Try 1Password. It'll remember passwords, but it's also pretty secure even if your computer got stolen, so long as you're using a master password.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Good idea. I use SplashID because it has two parts, one for Windows and one for my mobile device that allows me to sync one with the other so I always have a current backup of all my passwords. And with the data file encrypted, it is almost impossible for anyone to get my passwords - as long as I keep the master PW secret. Another nice feature is it will generate super strong PWs for you.

RoboForm is popular too.

Reaction score
I think 1Password has come on leaps and bounds and can sync between Mac, Windows, Ipad, iIPhone etc and has auofil. However, sites that require more than user and password need to be filled manually. It is also very secure and protects all your information with a master password known only to you...... check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question