Please Help! unable to monitor LPT1

Reaction score
Printer status: unable to monitor LPT1:
I already installed HP deskjet 1220c printer driver in my Windows 7 but I cannot print a file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ad

Advertisements

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel and then Devices & Printers. Click on your printer icon and then choose: Customize Your Printer. Go to the Ports tab and verify which port is configured for you printer. You can change the port settings there.

Reaction score
Unable to monitor LPT1. Printer is capable of one-way communication only

Nibiru2012

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one reason why I only use the USB connections for printers and scanners, faster and more reliable.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a reason you are using the parallel port? As far as I can tell, that printer should be able to use a USB cable, which is much easier :).

Do you know if you are using a parallel cable on this printer, as it could be that you actually are using a USB cable and this is why there is a problem. Sorry if you are already aware of this, but it is worth mentioning just in case. I've attached an image of what a parallel cable looks like:

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Nibiru2012

VIP Member
Reaction score
My Printer is already functioning. Thanks!

Good deal, glad you got it fixed. What did you do to fix it?

Others here may want to know for future reference.

Ask a Question