picture inserting problems

Reaction score
Hello,

On a Windows 7 machine, I was unable to attach a picture in an Outlook message or insert the picture into a Word document. I had the picture with a known title saved in "My Pictures". When I open My Pictures, I can see the file in question and open it with no problems. It is a small jpeg file (124 kb).

But with a Word document open and after choosing the normal "insert" routing, the picture in question does not show up as an option in the list of files. Even when I switch it to "all files" instead of just picture files, the picture does not show up. The rest of the list includes the proper list from this folder, so I know I'm in the right place. The picture is not read-only or hidden.

The same issue happens in Outlook. With a message open, when I attempt to attach the file, when I get to the list of files in "My Pictures", the file in question does not show up.

I tried renaming the file, and I tried moving it to another folder. Neither made a difference. Is there some filtering mechanism during the inserting / attaching process that prevents certain files from being worked with?

When I move the file to an XP computer, it is immediately possible to insert it or attach it.

Any ideas?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the file is suitable for all ages and something you are willing to share, can you attach the file here?

Also which version of Outlook & Word (2003, 2007, 2010)?

Is the file extension jpg or jpeg? And are there other files in the folder with that same extension? Can you see/attach them to your documents?

Reaction score
The picture should now be attached - it is just an industrial vibratory unit.

I believe both Word and Outlook are from the 2003 version, installed from the same office suite.

Attachments

Reaction score
I missed your other question:

Yes, there are plenty of other jpeg files in the folder (both folders) in which this file was located, and I can see them just fine and attach them with no problems.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you go to the folder in windows explorer and you right-click on the file and select properties you should see ...
unblock.jpg
... see if the unblock option is available and try it if it is. Then see if you can access it in word/outlook.

Ask a Question