SOLVED Background picture slideshow does not work

JAW

Reaction score
Hi, I want to make a slideshow from a folder where I keep a lot of pictures. I went to Personalize and selected Desktop Background.

I navigated to the folder I wanted to use. All the pictures in the folder are selected. I already have a solid color in the background, so I selected Center for the image placement. For "Change picture every" I selected 1 minute (for testing). I selected shuffle.

And I deselected "pause slideshow when using a battery," because I always use a plug into the wall. Then I clicked Save changes and exited the dialog.

The image does not change on my desktop.

I am able to change the picture by selecting another one and then saving changes, but the slideshow doesn't do anything - the image that was currently showing when I opened the dialog is still on my desktop, and it remains there. Is there some other setting that I should change in order to get it to work?

This is an Acer laptop.

Thanks.

JAW

Reaction score
I found the answer on someone else's very similar question. You have to restart the system in order for the changes to take place. I did that and now it works fine.

Ask a Question