SOLVED Help please with Windows Pictures/Libraries ... all pics look the sameI have just had a new Windows

Reaction score
I have just had a new Windows 7 installed on my computer that previously ran XP.

All has gone well and I soon found my way around, still more to find.

When I open the Pictures Libraries all pictures show the same (one of the pics from the Sample Pictures). When I click on a picture to open it, it does, and then looks like the picture I saved. This applies to all the sample pictures as well.

This makes trying to see which picture is which impossible. I'm fairly sure it wasn't like this at first but have no idea what has happened (what I might have done) or how to cure it.

Any help greatly appreciated as I use pictures a lot both for eBay, to send to friends, save in my Photobucket and in forums.

Many thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To see actual miniature pictures, called thumbnails, rather than the icon of the application which will open it by default, you need to have the View set for medium, large, or extra large icons. And in your Organize > folder and Search Options, View Tab, make sure "always show icons, never thumbnails" is NOT checked.

WindowsExpl-View.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You're welcome. I went ahead and marked this thread as SOLVED.

Ask a Question