PC freezes at "Verifying DMI Pool Data"

Reaction score
Hi,

I have XP installed in my PC.I tried to install Windows 7 by mounting the Windows 7 image as virtual drive.After copying the files the PC reboots.After this reboot my PC is stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data".Nothing happens after that.Then I installed my XP again. Please give me a solution to this problem.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
It stops there because that is the point where it's trying to find the install disc. You'll need to burn your image to disc in order to install it, installing it from a virtual drive won't suffice because that drive won't exist upon reboot.

Reaction score
i have the same problem also..
but i installed it on a burned dvd..

Reaction score
I have a similar problem but tried to upgrade from vista home premium using a virtual drive. I have an acer aspire m5100 and when I ran the compatibility thing beforehand and it said the ide controller may not work...which I guess is the hard drive?

I tried to boot windows 7 install from a flash drive (it still says Verifying dmi pool data then runs the install from usb). Tried to install but it said it has already started and to start normally then insert the installation disk. Dont think theres a way to do that...and the startup repair didnt show any problems either. But I read this could be a bios problem? Should I update my bios? If so how do you do that from usb?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If you are going to try and use a USB stick then make sure the BIOS is configured to have legacy USB hardware support enabled, and the USB device in question is selected as you primary boot drive. Those would be my best guesses, hope it helps.

Reaction score
Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data....

I tried reformatting to Windows 7, everything went smooth until I tried to start up my computer. It stoped at "verifying dmi pool data". I read a few forums that told me to take my windows 7 disk out of cd drive and do a reboot; after the reboot, NOTHING shows up on my monitor!
This is what I do:
Start computer up
Monitor screen stays black and the power light stays orange as if it were "asleep".
Shaking mouse or pressing keys on keyboard does not help
If I unplug monitor from tower, the monitor light turns green, and the "dell logo" appear
I have a gaming graphics card, nothing changes if i plug monitor into the default slot

So basically It wont reformat, it wont let me get into the bios, IT WONT DISPLAY ANYTHING!!! UGH!
The computer is a fairly new Acer M5100.
Any Ideas?

Reaction score
I tried reformatting to Windows 7, everything went smooth until I tried to start up my computer. It stoped at "verifying dmi pool data". I read a few forums that told me to take my windows 7 disk out of cd drive and do a reboot; after the reboot, NOTHING shows up on my monitor!
This is what I do:
Start computer up
Monitor screen stays black and the power light stays orange as if it were "asleep".
Shaking mouse or pressing keys on keyboard does not help
If I unplug monitor from tower, the monitor light turns green, and the "dell logo" appear
I have a gaming graphics card, nothing changes if i plug monitor into the default slot

So basically It wont reformat, it wont let me get into the bios, IT WONT DISPLAY ANYTHING!!! UGH!
The computer is a fairly new Acer M5100.
Any Ideas?
Hi,normaly the VERIFYNG DMI POOL DATA is something relatieve to motherboard BIOS, if you can update your motherboard bios just do it,because i've similar problem a few months ago and i solved my problem updating my bios,but with you i don't know for sure,so if you can do it,you're the boss,good luck.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
So if I understand this, now nothing shows on the monitor at all? When you start the computer do the fans continue to spin? Have you tried completely powering the machine off and disconnecting it from the wall for 10 minutes, before trying to boot it again?

If still no luck, remove all connected devices such as memory card readers, USB devices, etc.

Reaction score
Hello there, and welcome to the forums.
I would suggest doing several things...
Turn the PC off, and hold down the power button for 30secs! It will turn on and turn off again - thats ok. This removes any static on the motherboard or the components.
If that doesn't work check the RAM is fitted in properly (remember to anti-static yourself before you do this, as you can short-circuit the PC)
If this doesn't work, back track, - did you do anything with the components inside, did you fiddle with anything, cables?
If these don't work then almost certainly you have blown the motherboard, or power supply.

Was it the RC you installed?

Reaction score
Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data....

ok, so flipping the power switch on the back of the tower fixed the "blank screen" problem. But it still stops at verifying dmi pool data...
So I guess I will try updating the BIOS as some have suggested. I can easily google how to do it, but if anyone has advice or suggestions, feel free to hit me up.

The computer is an acer aspire m5100

Thanks

Reaction score
ok, so flipping the power switch on the back of the tower fixed the "blank screen" problem. But it still stops at verifying dmi pool data...
So I guess I will try updating the BIOS as some have suggested. I can easily google how to do it, but if anyone has advice or suggestions, feel free to hit me up.

The computer is an acer aspire m5100

Thanks
Do you can read the tutorial on the link i gave you,about the verifying dmi pool data possible issues?
try to know which motherboard name you have and download the right bios for,from the motherboard manufacter site and after that you can flash it{the rigth one bios}double click on it bios file and follow just the instructions,that's easy,Note:when you 'r on the flashing don't cut any power or open programs or something similar;you'll see,that's quick,i've done like i said before without an problem.

i forgot something:when you go to flash during the process,normaly you'll be asked to backup your old bios,if so just do it,it is an backup for everything!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having the crash at 'verifying DMI Pool Data' problem as well.

Im installing windows 7 professional 64bit edition, on a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R v2.1.

Ive followed everything on that link except the floppy drive one. Ive tried old and new bios flashing as well. To no avail.

Any further thoughts?

Cheers

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Cameron, it would have to be one of those things on that page... if it's not a CD in the drive, a plugged in USB device, etc... have you tried changing what port you've plugged the drive into?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am also one of the hundreds of Aspire m5100 users who bumped into this irritating problem.

I tried some of the suggested solutions that were mentioned here but still no luck. Maybe I am not doing it right. :(

The sollution that seems most positive is configuring the BIOS through USB, but sorry for being such a noob, but how do you do that?
Just a link would do me great to try to doit. :)

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have XP installed in my PC.I tried to install Windows 7 by mounting the Windows 7 image as virtual drive.After copying the files the PC reboots.After this reboot my PC is stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data".Nothing happens after that.Then I installed my XP again. Please give me a solution to this problem.
Hi

Had the same problem, but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hot enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :) P.S This also works for Windows Vista

Reaction score
Hi

Had the same problem, but managed to cure it - do the following and pass this info on, I know how helpful things like this can be when trying for days on end to get something working

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7, got the same error "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and hanging.

To fix this boot from the windows 7 dvd again, select the Repair Windows section, select the command prompt option, type BOOTREC.EXE /FIXBOOT and hot enter, close the command prompt and select restart - all is now ok :) P.S This also works for Windows Vista
Thank you very much. I was starting to go insane when i couldn't get it to work. Couldn't even start up my old XP install to access my files etc. I tried the Startup Repair but that did nothing, yet your advice seems to have done the trick.

Reaction score
Problem Solved

Hi there everybody. I am pleased to announce after a couple of hours tring to install Windows 7 onto my pc, i have figured how to get past that nasty 'verifying dmi pool date' screen at the BIOS. I'm not going to sit here and blabber, im going to go straight into how to fix the problem. Once installed and you hit the screen and it freezes, reboot your pc and boot your windows 7 installation disk again. From here go to 'Reapir your pc' located just below the install now screen. Click on run command prompt. Here type bootsect.exe/mbr all or bootsect.exe/nt60 all. Either one should work, they did for me anyway. Basicly what this does is erase your current bios, usually ntdlr or something like that, and replaces it for the bootmgr which is needed for vista, windows server 2008 and windows 7 to boot. Have fun people and enjoy windows 7 :D

Reaction score
bootrec and bootsect are not working for me

Hi, I opened the "Command Prompt" screen. It takes me to X:\Sources prompt. There is no "bootsect OR bootrec" file. But when I go into drive "D" which is my CD/DVD Drive where the Windows 7 disk is located, there's a Boot directory which has "bootsect.exe" file. I ran the file with both the options as suggested above (and other variations). It does not work. I get the syntax error back as if the command I typed was not correct.

Can anybody please share their experience? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ask a Question