One of my HDD reports "..........

Reaction score
Hi, my system has crashed a few time recent and I got the BSD (blue screen of death). I use Hard Disk Sentinial and it reports one of my HDD,
"Problems occurred between the communication of the disk and the host 55100 times."
On its online forum an article says my HDD is not in danger of dying, rather to check the SATA power and port connections, I"d like to get a second "doctors" onion of this from this forum. I had to change ports on my primary system SSD because it wasn't showing on boot. This is a little over the head for me and request help. I just wish there was a bug log I could post too to track down and fix this problem. TIA

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you tried a new cable? Cables have been getting cheaper and cheaper. Some SATA cables lock into place. Definitely, based on the message, I would start with new quality cables that lock into position.

Reaction score
Have you tried a new cable? Cables have been getting cheaper and cheaper. Some SATA cables lock into place. Definitely, based on the message, I would start with new quality cables that lock into position.
Could you recommend some high quality cables that lock please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You need to know how long it has to be and whether you need a 90 degree angle at the end that connects to the hard drive.

Reaction score
I've experienced HDD failures caused by bad cable connections. I've only witnessed the issue with SATA cables once but problems still exist just as they were with IDE. Before you purchase new cables, disconnecting and reconnecting your current cables, it may help for a while. At least that would give you an idea as to whether your drive is failing. Chances are it is not necessarily the cable, but the connection that needs to be re-established.

Ask a Question