SOLVED Should I install HDD or SSD or install both of it in Laptop?

Reaction score
The often(main) software that use is the 3D software & graphics editing software , sometimes I also use some editing video software.

So far, my laptop is in good condition & the speed of my computer during time for the boot/shutdown/open program (eg;Autocad/Photoshop) are consider stable/decent (not too fast, not too slow), usually it will take about 20 - 40 second to open software, while 40 second - 1 minute to shut down/boot , plus I never make any change on my system (eg;tweak system).

So my question ;
1. Which hard drive suit me , HDD, SSD, Hybrid HDD or SSHD?

I'm in dilemma right now, I don't know whether I should upgrade my hard drive or not and if ( i must) upgrade , i dont know which one to choose ( normal HDD,Hybride HDD, SSHD OR SSD) & I'm sorry, because I ask too many questions . I hope experts in this forum can help me, thank you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright, I have made a study a few days ago & I already make decisions that I would buy a SSHD.
I choose it because it does combine the uses both HDD and SSD features & most of all it are affordable ,
not to expensive not to cheap. Another reason is, there some cons for SSD that really worrying me, that is it ' has a limited number of times that information can be written to a location (a bit)';

" Another disadvantage of SSD drives is that each flash memory cell on an SSD can endure only so many write cycles. This means that if you subject your SSD to heavy use, its data retention will be shorter than with conventional hard drive. That’s why you should think twice when writing to an SSD. And that’s one of the reasons why it’s not a good idea to defrag solid-state drives, as defragmentation means unnecessary data writes to the disk.

Luckily, SSD manufacturers are doing all they can to maximize SSD lifetime. They implement various firmware schemes to load-level SSDs and use TRIM technology to maximize the life of a solid-state drive. In any case, SSDs are not likely to become unusable on a typical home system any time earlier than an HDD will experience a fatal crash. So the nature of flash memory and the limited (in theory) amount of write cycles shouldn’t put you off buying an SSD."
- by Dr. Chukwumah Ezeobika M.D.

I do know, it is not as fast as SSD, but it's performance is good enough (for me). Even If I can afford to buy 500GB SSD, still It not available in my country or its really hard to find in my country ( max 250GB) & I don't trust buying online.

and for my question about ' should I instal both SSD & HDD in my Laptop', I don't is a good Idea, I mean if I change my optical dirve with the HDD/SDD caddy, I can't use DVD/CD because not all thing will 100% works with USB(flash drive), I mean in case my USB port didn't work, of course other option is using a DVD/CD, & I'm afraid my laptop will gone wrong if I install both ( As you know electronic & pc system are really sensitive..).

I don't want to take the risk ( just because I want my system to be supper fast) because my computer is my livelihood and it is not a cheap thing. If it breaks, I will need a lot of money to repair and also to buy a new one. So, I decided to take SSHD & I will close this thread/mark as 'solve'.

By the way, thank for anybody who tried to help me, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question