Is my HDD on its final stages of life?

Reaction score
I have been frequently getting disk read error during start up for the past few days. After restarting the system the OS invokes check disk and system eventually starts up. I downloaded Seatools and crystaldiskinfo to check my HDD. It passed all basic tests in seatools and the details of the crystaldiskinfo is below
HDD test.jpg

Please help me interpret the results and also tell me whether it is worth to continue with this HDD. Its approximately 5 yrs old
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Health Status is good, so there has to be something else at fault. Maybe the SATA data cable connections are bad causing issues. I have had that happen on occasions. Sometimes simply disconnecting and reconnecting helps. And on other occasions a new cable is needed.

Reaction score
Health Status is good, so there has to be something else at fault. Maybe the SATA data cable connections are bad causing issues. I have had that happen on occasions. Sometimes simply disconnecting and reconnecting helps. And on other occasions a new cable is needed.
Thanks for the quick response.
My concern is the seek error rate. Maybe it is due to faulty SATA cable. I'll try replacing those and give it a go.

Ask a Question