SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
hi i want ask a quastion i have a laptop with a oem version of windows 7 home premium 64 bit is the serial listed on the buttom of my laptop activat this version u have posted ??

thanks !!

Reaction score
The existing product Key is for 32-bit, in installing the same version to my new computer with ISO, can it be switch to 64-bit? Thank you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Mohammad and Coyolt, your questions have already been asked and answered in previous posts but I will repeat here and add some detail.

Mohammad, yes you can use this version as long as it is for the same edition, Home Premium keys only work on Home Premium, Pro keys on Professional, Ult keys on Ultimate. However this edition is the true Microsoft release and will not have the extras the manufacturer installed. 90% of that is garbage they get paid to install, such as test copies of anti-virus software, Microsoft Office, etc, but there is usually a useful piece of software or two. Example: software to make volume and brightness display in the screen or software to make the extra buttons work, or software like NERO, etc; these will NOT be included in the version you get here. You should extract the license keys BEFORE reformatting, if any (Nero needs a key, the other two I mentioned wouldn't), for all these products that you hope to reinstall (try SIW in our Freeware DB for getting the licenses). And then you need to download this software from the laptop manufacturer or get trial versions from the software company and try to activate them with the keys you extracted. If it doesn't work then you may need to find alternatives or do without.

Coyolt, Yes it will work but some question has been raised as to whether it is legal. I've never heard of Microsoft complaining about it if you have to call them to reactivate but it may not be lawyer-approved as OK to do and still be with-in the licensing agreement. See also the notes to Mohammed about differences in this version versus OEM.

Reaction score
Thank you. Turns out that one time while I was working on a project I wanted to find a good server OS, and the change stayed forever:dontknow: thx:D

Reaction score
help

I got the IMGBURN program and installed it
then I spent over 5 hours to download the X17-24395 iso for windows 7 64 bit
went to the folder and is says it is a winrar file not an iso
IMGBURN does not detect it
what do I do now?
I have been an XP diehard but my PC is giving up the ghost - have a brand new PC that has sat here for almost a year. Also have my own purchased copy of XP Pro that I was going to install on it but it won't let me. The excuse from the PC company is that the program is too old for the new PC. Since I am afraid of losing everything on my old dual-boot (XP and the dreaded Vista) machine I need to get the new one going to transfer stuff. Wanted to try Win 7 before buying it though.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you followed Nibs links on the first page of this thread it is obvious the minute you start the download that the file is an ISO; these are true digital river links. Either you got the file from somewhere else or you clicked on the wrong file when you went to burn or maybe you changed the file extension when you hit save. So I don't know what you did but the original links are ISO files. 6 Hours sounds about right but if you didn't get it from Digital River then I don't if I would trust it.

If you did get it from Nibs links then I would verify you are selecting the right file. Maybe do a search on your computer for files downloaded today. If the file was from Nibs links and was downloaded today then change the file extension from RAR to ISO and then see if IMGBurn can read it (if it truly is a RAR file and you rename it an ISO then IMGBurn simply won't understand it but if you just accidentally stored it as a RAR then it should work correctly once you fix the extension).

As for you new PC not accepting XP Pro, it could be that it can't understand the new larger hard drives or there just may not be drivers available that will work in XP. Just a guess there, I don't know. When you buy a machine it comes with the current OS and backwards compatibility isn't guaranteed.

BTW: If you buy W7 Professional you can install XP mode if your computer is powerful enough to run it. Basically you can live in a little XP world under your W7 OS. I actually bought Pro for that and do you know what I run in XP mode? One thing: Microsoft Internet Hearts (because they dropped that from W7).

You do know Win8 comes out the end of the month right? If you really want to blow your mind over changes you might give that a try. W8 doesn't really use a start menu, it's designed to look more like a smart phone with little blocks of all your apps. Fine if you have a touchscreen otherwise ... I like my start menu.

Reaction score
From the first page of this thread I downloaded "Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 – X17-24395.iso" into my downloads folder which had just one other item in it.
As soon as the download was done I clicked the "go to folder" link so I am pretty sure that I didn't click on the wrong file and I did not change the extension when I saved it as I entered nothing when I saved it.
When I clicked the download link I clicked "save" there and it went directly into my downloads folder (which is pictured in the link below) with the two items in it and you can see that it is listed as a WinRAR file.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/DeWitch/win7.jpg

As for my new PC not accepting the XP install, backwards compatibility was not the issue since I ordered it with NO OS.
I know all about the backwards compatibility problems since I set my present PC up as a dual boot with several partitions. It had vista OS which I hated and of course to put XP on it I had to reformat the whole drive to nothing so I could put XP on first.

I know about the XP mode in Pro and Ultimate, which is the one I would go for even though, unfortunately for me, it won't run some of my graphics programs, hoping the XP mode will.

I have read all about Win 8 and want nothing to do with it which is why I am looking to get 7 now before I can't get it any more.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, the picture helps. You have the file and it is an ISO. It is just that you also have WINRAR installed. WINRAR can handle files with a .ISO extension and when your WINRAR was installed you allowed it to assign itself as the primary application for handling ISO files.

In WinXP, open windows explorer. Go to TOOLS > Folder Options. Select the FILE TYPES tab. Scroll down to find ISO. Select it and click the CHANGE button. Hopefully IMGBurn is in the list of choices ... select IMGBurn and click OK. Now go back and the file should be associated with IMGBurn rather than WINRAR.

Reaction score
OK, the picture helps. You have the file and it is an ISO. It is just that you also have WINRAR installed. WINRAR can handle files with a .ISO extension and when your WINRAR was installed you allowed it to assign itself as the primary application for handling ISO files.

In WinXP, open windows explorer. Go to TOOLS > Folder Options. Select the FILE TYPES tab. Scroll down to find ISO. Select it and click the CHANGE button. Hopefully IMGBurn is in the list of choices ... select IMGBurn and click OK. Now go back and the file should be associated with IMGBurn rather than WINRAR.
Already changed it by left clicking and using the properties button - burned to DVD and the new PC is up and running and it is way past my witching hour bedtime;)
Have a great night or day where ever you are.
That would be Good Night since I just saw that you are in PA:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Premium Danish

Is it possible to get a Danish Home Premium 64-bit and where?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not that I know of BUT ...
What you can do is download Professional in Danish and then modify it to an "all version" by deleting ei.cfg. See HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks

I'm going to try that now. I will post here when I know if it works or not.

Reaction score
Win7 Sp1 iso

i already downloaded it, and this several times, but the thing is that there's nothing but a readme.text file and this is it. and it still shows that the file is 1.9 GB large.
how the heck is this possible? Where the heck is the rest of the iso archive/image?
Could someone tell how can this happen?

MOD EDIT: email address removed

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Miss Kage,

Please tell us exactly which version you downloaded and what software you used to burn the ISO to DVD.

Also, could you post the first few lines of the readme?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If its size is only 1.9 GB then I don't think the download is complete. Try downloading using a download manager.

Reaction score
I downloaded the professional 64bit english iso and burned + verified with imageburn.

If I run it from windows it gives me an error saying something like "this program isn't meant to be used by windows" or something and then says "missing dll...".

If I boot from the DVD, right after it says "setup is starting" it says it's missing a driver and asks me to find it. It does this on two different computers.

Assuming the iso is corrupt, I followed the advice here and tried downloading it with IDM. It's given me corruption errors twice now.

This hasn't ever happened to me before and my internet connection is quite stable @ ~30Mb/s.

Are there any mirrors available?

Edit:
maybe 3rd time was a charm, I have an ISO that's the correct size now. I'll try it and report.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded the very last link "http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24395.iso 2147483647 X17-24395.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English"

And after burning it to a disk and installing it, it is windows 7 professional. I wouldn't mind but my University gives keys away for the Ultimate edition and not the Professional. Anyway, does anyone know another link I can use for the ultimate x64?

Thanks!

Ask a Question