SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I've never used Anytime Upgrade but I wonder if it would let you upgrade from Pro to Ultimate simply by entering your Ultimate key.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No Core, that can't be used in that fashion, the regular key versus anytime keys are very strict about how they are used.

Jmido8, you have at least two options, you could download the English W7 SP1-Ultimate x86 (Media refresh) version: X17-59465.iso

or, if you are comfortable with editing the ISO before you burn it to DVD, you can delete ei.cfg from the ISO so that then it allows you to install any 64-bit version. Then you simply pick the edition that matches your product key (in your case Ultimate). See HERE.

Reaction score
I can not find X15-70013 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86 Portuguese ISO Download
can someone help me

Reaction score
Hey! is the win7 proff chinese version, traditional chinese or simplified???

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have that information, even simplified Chinese is too complicated for me. Maybe it offers a choice? If you download it then maybe you could come back and let us know.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The links are only meant for individuals who have a valid product key. If you do not already have a valid product key then the software will only work for 30 (or it might be 60, I don't recall) days for evaluation purposes.

So yes you will need to buy a product key/license to activate your software. Be sure to get it from a valid source like Microsoft or a reputable store in your country. Sites like eBay are well known for sellers that have keys they sell to multiple people and within 3 or 4 months get shut down for over-use; so make sure you buy it from a reputable source.

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru2012,

Thanks for these links.
Do you know where I can get Windows 7 SP1 Professional x86 Chinese-Simplified?

I'm in shanghai now and not familiar with Chinese-Traditional. I have tried to find the chinese-simplified version of win7 SP1, but failed.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Once you have installed your OS try to find updates WITHOUT installing them. In the optional list you will find something like 35 language packs. I am sure your preference would be included.

hello.
i have download the windows 7 Ultimate Eng from provided links.I used Internet download manager to download the file...i made the bootable usb drive, with both Mircrosoft windows7 dvd-usb tool and poweriso.
windows bootup normally and when about 7% copied, it gives error message that some files are not located , files could be corrupt or damaged....
can you please tell me what is the problem??? i think IDM is the culprit but im not sure.
help would be much appreciated , thnx
Normally IDM does not give errors otherwise it would not be rated as the most reliable download manager. There are a few reasons why you might have an error. Power interruption, defective memory area, too many pauses and resumes, too many threads.

MD5 sums for the ISOs would come in handy forthis purpose. Another thing you might try is visit pendrivelinux.com and use one of their their tools to prepare your USB flash drive. I personally use Yumi with an 8 GB flash drive and add additional tools for variety of purposes. Works for me every time.

can i use Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool to burn to my thumbdrive?
Yes but with a caveat. The iso you are using and the OS under which you are doing it must both be either x86 of x64. You definitely would get errors otherwise.

See this article for a workaround if you come across an issue, or simply to prevent one.

Your key may work without such a workaround, or it may not. Different people seem to have different experiences, for some reason. I downloaded my Win7 from Digital River (Retail English) and activated it with my Finnish OEM key, which isn't supposed to be possible, therefore my advice is to just try it, that's the only way to know for sure.
Excepr for Windows 7 Starter ( allowed to be sold only in 3rd world countries) one does have an option of choosing one's location / language / time zone, etc at the time of installation. So I don't believe the keys are country / language specific.

Hello, I am trying to reinstall windows home premium beacause for some reason it got switched to linux. if I use my product key that is on the computer, will it still work?
Do you know if Linux and Windows reside on separate partitions ? If they do it might be much simpler then long process of uninstalling Linux etc. Just change the active partition in the mbr using any external bootable image, like gParted. I use BootITNG as my boot manager. Windows has a nasty habit of rewriting the boot sector of the hard disk. You no longer have the option of NOT writing to the mbr. After installing I simply boot from my BootItNG installation disk and reactivate it. Everything goes back to normal.

I got the IMGBURN program and installed it
then I spent over 5 hours to download the X17-24395 iso for windows 7 64 bit
went to the folder and is says it is a winrar file not an iso
IMGBURN does not detect it
what do I do now?
I have been an XP diehard but my PC is giving up the ghost - have a brand new PC that has sat here for almost a year. Also have my own purchased copy of XP Pro that I was going to install on it but it won't let me. The excuse from the PC company is that the program is too old for the new PC. Since I am afraid of losing everything on my old dual-boot (XP and the dreaded Vista) machine I need to get the new one going to transfer stuff. Wanted to try Win 7 before buying it though.
If you are working in XP make extensions visible. Then you can see exactly what you have got. Winrar too can handle iso files, and show all the contents. So then you have something to start off.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The link you "think" you used is definitely 64bit but it either was not the one you clicked or 32-bit was already pre-installed and you never really installed this one. Check the size of the ISO you have, the 32bit ISO is 2.4GB while the 64bit is 3.1GB.

You will need to format the drive and reinstall the 64-bit in order to change now.

Reaction score
I downloaded the Home Premium x64 ( http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso 2147483647 X17-24209.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English ) and burned with imgburn, I installed fine on my laptop but it says it is activated and is 7 home premium 32 bit ?
The downloaded version may be limited to either 32 or 64 bit. The retail copies are multiple choice and you DO have the option of which version you wish to install. Of course one can install 32 bit version on both x86 as well as x64 CPUs but 64 bit version is limited to x64 CPUs.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The retail copies are multiple choice and you DO have the option of which version you wish to install.
Not sure where you are getting your DVD but the retail version in the USA does NOT offer a menu where you pick 32 or 64 bit. Retail versions come with two DVDs, one 32-bit and one 64-bit and whichever DVD you put in is the version you get ... no menu, just pick a DVD, same as this list offers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
checksum incorrect

Hi. I downloaded the following iso:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24395.iso 2147483647 X17-24395.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English

and then i tried to check its checksum with the FCIV tool provided by microsoft.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...ensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

in this link the provided sha-1 checksum is :

Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

However, fciv checksum says :

c:\downloads\fciv>fciv.exe -sha1 X17-24395.iso
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
1693b6cb50b90d96fc3c04e4329604feba88cd51 x17-24395.iso

so the checksums DO NOT MATCH.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Hi. I downloaded the following iso:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24395.iso 2147483647 X17-24395.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English

and then i tried to check its checksum with the FCIV tool provided by microsoft.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...ensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

in this link the provided sha-1 checksum is :

Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64) - DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 36AE90DEFBAD9D9539E649B193AE573B77A71C83

However, fciv checksum says :

c:\downloads\fciv>fciv.exe -sha1 X17-24395.iso
//
// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
1693b6cb50b90d96fc3c04e4329604feba88cd51 x17-24395.iso

so the checksums DO NOT MATCH.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance!
The technet ISOs have been updated with kbase patches; the hash won't match. Use a download manager if you are concerned about data corruption. Otherwise, burn and install.

Reaction score
The technet ISOs have been updated with kbase patches; the hash won't match. Use a download manager if you are concerned about data corruption. Otherwise, burn and install.
Thank you for your quick reply. Does that mean that the provided links here are much older than the technet ISOs ? And secondly, do those technet ISOs exist as a digitalriver.net direct downloads ?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply. Does that mean that the provided links here are much older than the technet ISOs ? And secondly, do those technet ISOs exist as a digitalriver.net direct downloads ?
Not considerably older, and what updates have been applied are available through Microsoft Update anyway. Technet ISOs are updated & made available for their subscribers as a courtesy/service through the TechNet site; DigitalRiver downloads are all that's out there for us riff-raff.

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out...

... Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (English) link is actually Ultimate...

Reaction score
Hello there!

I just have a couple of questions that may have already been answered, I'd just like to clarify it for my own personal situation.

First of all, I will be building a new PC very soon, so will these ISO's be suitable to install the trial OS on to a brand new fresh computer?

Secondly, I already own a copy of windows on my laptop. Will I be able to use the product key from my laptops OS, to register the version on my PC?

Thanks in advance!
~Sherb

Ask a Question