SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First of all, I will be building a new PC very soon, so will these ISO's be suitable to install the trial OS on to a brand new fresh computer?
It will work for 30 (or is it 60 ?) days before it needs activation.

Secondly, I already own a copy of windows on my laptop. Will I be able to use the product key from my laptops OS, to register the version on my PC?
99% probability the answer is NO. If it came preinstalled then it's OEM so "No, non-transferable". If you upgraded the laptop from XP with an upgrade version of W7 then "No, because the license is linked back to the XP license which was OEM and therefore non-transferable". The very unlikely chance is if you bought a full version of W7 and installed it on your laptop; in that case, the full version IS transferable.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the fast response! You've been incredibly helpful :)

Reaction score
Coming up here soon, I'm planning on building a new computer entirely with exception to my two 750gb hard drives I have set to a Raid 0 array. I'm currently running Win 7 64-bit that was upgraded from Vista 64-bit from when I was a student.

I no longer have the Vista 64-bit disc, but I of course have this genuine Win 7 64-bit key. If I put the Win 7 64-bit Ultimate iso onto a disc and boot with it AFTER setting my Raid 0 back up, will I run into issues? If so, if I call the activation center, will they activate it for me?

I'd appreciate some advice before I format my computer and then dead end myself :(

Edit: It is also worth noting that I've made a backup of all my data onto an external 1TB HD.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
An upgrade license is tied back to the original license. Most likely your Vista was OEM which means it was part of your current computer and cannot legally be transferred to a new machine.

Reaction score
Thanks for the downloads :), couldn't find the install disc's for a fresh install of 7 Ultimate (x64) :eek:
Anyways, thanks again :)

Reaction score
I have a windows 7 home premium x64 and I installed linux without knowing that it removed windows. I have the computers product key, will that work to get windows back?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have a windows 7 home premium x64 and I installed linux without knowing that it removed windows. I have the computers product key, will that work to get windows back?
Yes & no.

I'm not an expert on Linux so I don't know if they all work this way but at least some of them change the boot structure in such a way that windows will not install on that hard drive now as is. Whatever "it" is that GRUB changes, it is my understanding, Linux must first undo.

Once Linux has undone the drive changes then your product key can be used with the matching W7 SP1 ISO to reinstall W7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some more active threads end up with replies from numerous mods simply because whomever sees the latest question first, and knows the answer, posts a reply. I may not reply to another thread simply because I believe the reply already posted is adequate to satisfy the request or I may not know the answer. But I wouldn't say we "hang out" in any thread, a forum is not "live" like a chat server where people "hang out" in certain rooms and you get an instant reply. In a forum we periodically look at the "latest posts" list and help with the questions we can. We can also "subscribe to a thread" (so can you), in which case we get emails when a new post gets added to an existing thread. I am still "subscribed to this thread" because it is popular by many visitors and it was that email notification, triggered by your post, that brought me here to reply, not because, as you put it, I "hang out" here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After i installed the Windows Ultimate 7 x64 .iso, my Rundll32 file looks like a "page icon". This means its affected by malware.

Did this happen to anyone else? I am freaking out here. :confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This means its affected by malware.
Doesn't mean that at all. Yes it is possible to create a virus with the name rundll32.exe but if you just did a fresh install from the official MS links then it is highly unlikely.

This is a perfectly normal icon for Rundll32.exe:
rundll32.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well we have no control over where mydigitalife links are pointed but I have no reason to believe they would change them and if you look at the sources "right now" they definitely are pointing to msft.digitalrivercontent.net which is the official Microsoft Digital content delivery site.

Reaction score
Well we have no control over where mydigitalife links are pointed but I have no reason to believe they would change them and if you look at the sources "right now" they definitely are pointing to msft.digitalrivercontent.net which is the official Microsoft Digital content delivery site.
I could kiss you right now!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
K is a special edition for Korea, "and includes the same functionality as ordinary Windows 7, except that it includes links to a Media Player Center Web site and a Messenger Center Web site."
Source

Reaction score
Thanks, do you know maybe media player is prohibited in Korea, or something like this?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I believe it is more related to fair trade. Some countries did not want people to be forced into a Microsoft browser or Microsoft Media Player simply because they bought a Microsoft Operating System. There are many choices for a Media Player (and for a browser).

Personally I use a free player called "VLC" for movies I watch but I still use WMP for my music; that's just my choice, you should try some and pick what works best for you.

Ask a Question