SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have a question:
My Win7 Home Premium Key is originally English (pre-installed in my laptop). Is it possible to use this same key for the Win 7 Home Premium iso Portuguese version?
Thank you very much!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Keys are not language specific, so yes you could.

However, if the English version is already installed and you don't want to go to the trouble of a new reinstall then you might want to just download a Portuguese language pack from Microsoft. Unfortunately only Windows Ultimate or Enterprise offer the built-in ability to switch languages but you could use a third party tool called Vistalizator.

Reaction score
Thank you!
Actually I want to format my laptop, so it will work.
Tks again!

Reaction score
Would these work, if you are use a fresh hard drive? I think this was answered once ...ekk

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, but if you have an upgrade license key it may require a double install.

Reaction score
hello.
i have download the windows 7 Ultimate Eng from provided links.I used Internet download manager to download the file...i made the bootable usb drive, with both Mircrosoft windows7 dvd-usb tool and poweriso.
windows bootup normally and when about 7% copied, it gives error message that some files are not located , files could be corrupt or damaged....
can you please tell me what is the problem??? i think IDM is the culprit but im not sure.
help would be much appreciated , thnx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
can i use Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool to burn to my thumbdrive?

Reaction score
TM- I currently need to do a fresh install of W7 Ult. x64 but I can't seem to find my retail disc. After reading through the whole thread it looks like I can download the ISO for my desired version and find my key via the link you provided to pull it out of my registry so I can write it down.

My major question is this: I purchased my copy as a student version and was wondering if you knew if my product key would conflict with the downloaded ISO (i.e. not activate the ISO) since it was purchased as a student copy.

Thanks in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I do not want to commit a definite YES but I am pretty sure it should not make a difference. What I can find, there is no difference between the student/teacher edition DVD and the full except for the cost & licensing agreement.

If you have an external hard drive, make an image of your existing install then you can always restore if it wouldn't work.

Hopefully someone else will come along and offer a definite answer.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
My major question is this: I purchased my copy as a student version and was wondering if you knew if my product key would conflict with the downloaded ISO (i.e. not activate the ISO) since it was purchased as a student copy.
See this article for a workaround if you come across an issue, or simply to prevent one.

Your key may work without such a workaround, or it may not. Different people seem to have different experiences, for some reason. I downloaded my Win7 from Digital River (Retail English) and activated it with my Finnish OEM key, which isn't supposed to be possible, therefore my advice is to just try it, that's the only way to know for sure.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick replies! I have an older machine that I can try the process out on before I try on my main.

Thanks again for the help, and I'll update on the success/failure of my endeavor.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I purchased my copy as a student version and was wondering if you knew if my product key would conflict with the downloaded ISO (i.e. not activate the ISO) since it was purchased as a student copy.
It is your KEY that signifies the student version purchase, so you may download the ISO and do your install as usual.

Reaction score
Thanks. this is really helpful for the already integrated Service packs.. really the OEM gives you a sticker with pre-installed with lots of junk. a clean install is some times needed and this will help all those alot who intend to have a original Clean install of their Operating System.

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru2012,

Thanks for these links.
Do you know where I can get Windows 7 SP1 Professional x86 Chinese-Simplified?

I'm in shanghai now and not familiar with Chinese-Traditional. I have tried to find the chinese-simplified version of win7 SP1, but failed.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The links shown are the only links we have. Windows 7 Ultimate allows for switching the displayed language so that might facilitate what you need if you can get past the install. If you don't own an Ultimate license key then you might try Vistalizator to change the language but again you have to get it installed first.

Reaction score
Windows 7 32-Bit to 54-Bit install

On my new builded system I want to install (move) my Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. The software came pre-installed and have the Key but no disk. Can I changed it to a 64-bit? If so, can it be accomplished by downloading and burning a 64-bit image?

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to reinstall windows home premium beacause for some reason it got switched to linux. if I use my product key that is on the computer, will it still work?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If Linux was installed then it must first be uninstalled and the boot sector restored otherwise Windows 7 will not work.

Assuming you get that far then if the product key on the computer is for Home Premium then yes you can use that key with this Home Premium ISO. The key just has to match the version, so you can't install Ultimate if the key is for Home Premium and you can't install Home Premium if the key was for Home starter, etc.

Ask a Question