ntkmlpa.exe causes high cpu usage

Reaction score
Hello guys, I read some of the threads but couldnt find the answer for mine problem...
I got win 7x32 and i recently updated my graphic cars drivers... so i thought the nt and kernet drivers tab went on rampage because of my updating drivers.. so i went on system restore and restored them on the date before i updated the drivers and still the problem persists...on the task manager the nt and kernel uses 50% of my cpu and when i run the sysinternals process explorer i see that the exe which is causing the over usage of the cpu is the ntkmlpa.exe...
As an anti vir i got no32 did the full scan and found nothing, the malvare i got is the tdsskiller and still nothing malicious in my coputer...
Any suggestions guys?

Attachments

Reaction score
It has to be a driver problem as far as I googled it... so does anyone know any good program to see which driver is the fault one or what should i do ?
thanks in advance :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you running W7 Service Pack 1? If not then be sure to install SP1.

ntkmlpa.exe is the windows kernal and is not the actual cause of your BSODs except in the case where a virus has replaced it. Since you scanned for viruses it is probably not your issue. So as you said, the problem is probably your drivers. You get drivers from the manufacturer. So go to the manufacturer of your computer and get the latest BIOS and drivers they have, then for your graphics card go to that manufacturers website.

If your computer has NEVER worked correctly then hardware issues can also be a major cause; for example, improper/bad RAM or RAM timings/voltage in the BIOS or even a faulty motherboard.

See the thread >>HERE<< for posting you minidumps.

Reaction score
Okay, I read your question and it seems that you need to re-organize background services and open programs in order to control how much of your CPU is being used. These are the following steps to optimize background items:

1. Click Start, type "SERVICES.MSC"
2. Press ENTER key.
3. Right click a service item that you do not want.
4. Select "Stop" option.

Ask a Question