No Audio Output Device is Installed and no Sound,video and controllers tab in the Dev

Reaction score
I have No Audio Output Device is Installed for months.It happen when I'm away from keyboard for a few hour then I came back I got the red mark that say "No Audio Output Device". I use alot of suggestion but still no solution yet.There alot of suggestion out there like disable and unable the device,like for me Realtek HD,but I there no Sound,video and controllers tab in the Device Manager,then I tired add it by manual,then there a yellow sign and it could not run with a (code 10).Then even try updating it and uninstall then reboot,still no solution to it.Please help me,it help me alot.

System Model: AOD260
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N475 @ 1.83GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So when you boot your machine you have audio but then loose it after it sleeps/hibernates ? Right after boot, when you do have audio, is the device listed in Device Manager then?

If yes, then ...
reboot your computer, go to device manager, right-click and select properties, Power Management tab, remove the X from "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

If No, then ...
Make sure you have the latest audio driver (6.0.1.6066) from ACER. Since all they offer is a 32-bit driver, I assume your netbook has W7 32-bit, is that correct?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Firstly I want thanks you for reply.

I lose the audio went I'm leave the computer for a few hour and it still in normal mode,not in sleeps or hibernates.Then I tried to reboot,and even I reformat but still no sound.That where I found that I have no Sound,video and controllers tab in the Device Manager.

I tried download driver that you suggest ,it download perfectly fine,but I have to manually add it to Device Manager,then it make the Sound,video and controllers tab,but it has a yellow sign and it could not run with a (code 10).and it show as this:

And yup my netbook was W7 32-bit.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There no other yellow signs in any of the other sections in device manager,and yup I tried it and it show this:

I have try a software call"speccy",and it show me this on the Audio tab:

I notice something missing,but I don't know what is it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Lets try this... go back to the device manager and find the Realtek device. Now right-click it and select uninstall, and proceed to remove the installed settings and drivers for it.

Then I'd suggest ya reboot the netbook and make sure it has an internet connection, because Windows 7 SHOULD be able to auto-install the correct drivers. It should notify you after a minute if it is doing so, or if it can't find any drivers for the device.

If it can't find any drivers or doesn't attempt to auto-install, use this specific driver. If there are any errors during the install routine then let us know with a screenshot!

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion,I did what you told,but it wont auto-install,oh and I'm using wireless broadband.

As for your driver that you suggest,it don't have any errors,but I put some screenshot how I install it,and sorry if I put alot of screenshot,so that you can see if I did anything wrong.

Let me know if you need any other information
Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It seems like your computer no longer sees the audio card and I'm wondering if it might be a hardware problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Mostly I am saying that I'm at a loss because Kougar listed the same driver I found in a search and it didn't work for you. I don't like any of these ideas but they are listed worst to least on my "what would I do if I were in your shoes" list ...

You could take the computer to a repair shop but that is usually quite expensive. And if they determine it is a hardware failure then yes of course hardware can be replaced; if it's just a speaker it may be easy enough but if it is a motherboard component then the cost might be prohibitive. So you could end up paying more than the laptop is worth or paying a lot to have it checked out just to admit the repair cost is too high.

I guess before I would pay a repair shop, I would probably try a complete system install myself. Which means backing up your data / settings (You can use windows Easy Transfer) and then reinstalling from the DVD or system image then restoring your data and reinstalling all your programs, etc. Can be quite time-consuming and you may still find it won't work.

Another alternative which might be cheaper but is still not ideal, because it eats a USB port and adds to what you must carry around with your laptop, would be to add a USB sound card. I see them listed from $7 to $112. Basically yo no longer use the faulty one, you use an different one attached via USB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks alot for all your suggestion and tips,it mean alot for me.

If for the drivers dates,it 06/03/2010
Thanks.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It couldn't hurt for you to uninstall that Jun 2010 driver and give that newer one Dave listed a try; it's not like it will break it more.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have any updates pending at Windows Updates? If so install them. Go to the site yourself as you may have some "recommended" there that depending on your settings won't install unless selected.

Uninstall old sound drivers.
Set UAC to 0
Reboot
Be sure you are logged on as an administrator.
Try to install driver again.

Reaction score
Nothing that need to updates.

And the suggestion,still the same result.
Thanks.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
In the installation from the link I posted, the first part of the install deletes your old installation. In the following instructions, you are asked to reboot. On the reboot, the new program installs.
You did follow this?

Reaction score
It does install the driver,but it wont add the driver in to the device manager.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Ok. Open the device manager again and, from the properties, "update" the driver. Select the option to browse and go to the realtek folder, which should be in the "Program files" - Realtek - HDA. See if it can load the driver from there.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you go to Device Manager and click "View ... show hidden devices" - Do you get any others with the yellow warnings?

Ask a Question