No Audio Output Device is Installed and no Sound,video and controllers tab in the Dev

Reaction score
I tried change some setting in the BIOS,but nothing happen.but I haven tried contacting the manufacturer.

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The day the sound died, could anyone have changed anything in the BIOS?

It wouldn't hurt to look again at the BIOS, for example: legacy audio, disabled bus.

Reaction score
Here some screenshot of my BIOS, I cant find legacy audio or disabled bus,did I do something wrong?Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
WOW, I have never seen such a small BIOS menu; agreed I see nothing in there that looks like it could affect sound. :(

If your machine is under warranty I would definitely contact the company. If it is out of warranty then, as I had mentioned it may be worth trying a USB sound card.

Reaction score
Hehe,sorry if it too small to see,and Thanks again sirfor your time.

Thanks.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
This is a netbook from Acer. Have you installed the latest BIOS firmware update from 6-7-2011?

Have you tried downloading the Realtek audio driver from the Driver Download section of the Acer website for your model of netbook? This is a different driver than the standard Realtek audio HD driver.

Try checking out this link: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Reaction score
Yep it a netbook from Acer.Hmm...I'm not sure.And I did download the Realtek audio driver from Acer website.I will try install the BIOS firmware,and I will let you know if anything happen.

Thanks.

Edit:Sorry just to make sure on how to install them, there are two folder in the zip,the name are DOS and Windows.

In DOS Folder:

and for Windows Folder:

and as for readme.txt:
1. DOS flash: Please execute "FLASH.EXE" batch file to update bios
under pure Dos mode.

2. Windows flash: Please click "NAV70315W.exe" to update bios.

Let me know what I need to install,and not,if both need,please give me the steps,if you know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is important that you do not loose power and do not shut off the machine while it is running. In fact if you have an uninteruptable power supply you should have the computer plugged into it. If the program fails/looses power it can leave your computer completely unusable ("bricked"). So don't do it without a UPS if you live in an area with frequent power outages or during a lightning storm.

They say the DOS version is the safest but to run that you would need a DOS environment so you would need to boot the machine from a DOS formatted disk.

Personally the couple times I've done a BIOS update I just ran the windows version. It only takes a few seconds to run.

Reaction score
There some error on the installing,here the screenshot.

For FLASH.EXE in the DOS Folder:

And NAV70315W.exe in the Windows Folder:

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Wrong download, it's not for your computer.

Weird, that's the same version I get for the AOD260.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here the screenshot where I download the BIOS.(the highlight one)

Or I sould try and download the old one,which is the last BIOS?

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, the latest should be the one. Hopefully Nibs has an idea.

Reaction score
Oh okay,if you need more information,just say it.

Thanks.

Ask a Question