New SSD & Win7 install problems

Reaction score
Purchased a new 256 SSD I am having problems installing Win7. The last time I purchased a new disk a few years ago I was still using XP and I used Fdisk and the S command to install the system files. Is Fdisk and the format -s command still the way to go with the new file system? Could someone please point me in the right direction where I can read up on it please.

Reaction score
Purchased a new 256 SSD I am having problems installing Win7. The last time I purchased a new disk a few years ago I was still using XP and I used Fdisk and the S command to install the system files. Is Fdisk and the format -s command still the way to go with the new file system? Could someone please point me in the right direction where I can read up on it please.
You do not have to format your SSD.
Just install the SSD as yourCl drive and start your DVD/CD with your Windows 7 disk and it will do everything just like a HD.

DO NOT defrag any SSD

1. In bios you must activate AHCI
2. Enable trim in Win7
3. Diable Paging of SSD
4. Turn off Win7 Hybernation
5. Disable Fetch and Super Fetch services
6. Disable SSD indexing

How is it going now?

Last edited:

Ask a Question