Win7 SSD frustation

Reaction score
Installing a new system stationary pc, with 2ssd disc in raid, I also have 2 "normal sata Disk in raid, them I have set up before.
I have configured the SSD disks in raid 1 And they look good in bios, both raids are founde here, the 1terrabyte raid disks as one and the 120gb raid with ssd disk UNUSED.
After starting windows 7 64bit setup, I load the drivers for the sata raid, the 1 terrabyte partition then becomes availebal as a possible install place, but not the ssd disk. I then try shift F10 and write diskpart, then list disk, only the 1terra partiton shows.. next step??

Reaction score
A. Do you have the ssd set to AHCI in the bios ? That's a must. B. Is the ssd a sata 2 ssd or a sata 3 ssd ? If they're sata 3 are you using sata 3 cable's for each ssd ? That could be a problem. I know, I got a OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120gb. ssd last month. I made sure I did my research, before making my purchase. I even went as far as submitting support tickets to MSI (motherboard) and OCZ. I asked both about any bios changes for the ssd. After I had the info I needed, I got the ssd. Also, everything I've heard or read about using RAID on a ssd, always mentions using RAID 0. For instance, if I purchased a 2nd Vertex 3 Max IOPS, I'd double it's performance using RAID 0. Do what I did and submit support ticket's to your motherboard & ssd manufacturers web sites.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the RAID HDD setup and then trying to install to the SSD RAID?

I know Windows 7 is persnickety when it come to more than one drive available during the install process.

Reaction score
yes, I have the ssd set to AHCI in the bios.
The motherboard is ASUS P7H55/USB3, and the raid controller card is a card from stlab : stsataraid4

Ask a Question