SOLVED new motherboard and graphics card

Reaction score
I have just loaded Win 7 and want to get the best out of it, particularly Aero. Currently the win 7 system says my PC is rated at 2.2.

I don't play games or do any video editing. I want to get a new chip (AMD x2 240e?), a new motherboard and new graphics card, new PSU, all preferably to last for 3-4 years.

Any advice, please.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi johnnyb

I have a question its how much do you want to spend ? this will equate into the type of system you can build :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
OK as you want a new Motherboard you will also need RAM, i have had a look around as you quoted in £ i take it your UK based, one last question will you be using Windows 7 32 or 64-bit ?

Reaction score
Sorry to be so long in responding - been tied up for an hour

I will be using 32 bit. Yes RAM (DDR3?) would be needed - 2or 3GB?.

Reaction score
Thanks really that's really helpful - but will I need a graphics card upgrade to get the best out of Aero?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
One thing to remember johnnyb always look around there are some good deals to be had out there ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Thrax - the gigabyte mobo and AMD chip look really good - and it sounds like the onboard graphics will be ok as well. with the ram and PSU it may well be within my £300 max limit.

Ask a Question