Need for speed undercover black screen on loading

Reaction score
Hi, there folks ive got win 7 7000 x64 home premeium and ive installed need for speed undercover get to loading screen and it freezes up and screen go"s black any ideas please guys ? thank you in advance. dan

Reaction score
Hi ian tryed that mate both that you suggested no go just get loading screen then freezes up black screen thats it :( thnx alot for help anyway.dan

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 the 7068 build, and NFS UC does the same thing to me. I'm wondering if there is a DirectX rendering issue. The game performed flawlessly in XP and Vista x64. I have found that CoD5 also freezes about 20 minutes in, that was one time so I'll have to try that again. CoD4 booted me from online because of a PunkBuster initiation issue, so I'll have to try single player mode and check my settings with those two games.

With NFS UC if I press the start menu key to go back to desktop and click back on NFS in the taskbar, the video advances a little... catches up... but then freezes again. If I continue this process, I eventually get the BSOD. I really like NFS UC and don't want to go through the process of going back to Vista.

Is there a NFS safe mode? I did notice that windows 7 also changes the refresh rate of the monitor, have you tried 800x600 or a lower setting? That is my next step, but I have to change the setting in the game too.

Video drivers

Systems which use XDDM drivers may completely stop responding in certain scenarios. The computer will not respond to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and you will have to cycle the power to restart the computer, with the attendant risk of loss of unsaved data.
Some activities which have been demonstrated to trigger this issue include, but are not limited to:

• Using Winsat.exe or using the Rate and improve your computer’s performance tool.

• Changing multi-monitor configurations

• DVD or other video playback

To avoid this, do not use XDDM drivers, but find an appropriate WDDM driver instead. If your video chipset does not have a WDDM driver (such as the Intel 915), use a VGA driver or an GPU that supports WDDM drivers.
If this issue occurs at setup, either avoid unattended setup or uninstall the XDDM driver and use a VGA driver until setup is complete.

The above came from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...95-0cd2-4e88-be98-1090867ab28f&displaylang=en
and the beta release notes download

I tried installing all versions of DirectX with the same result. Microsoft Flight Sim X works perfect... imagine that. The NFS patch does not address this issue, I already have installed it.

Windows 7 Build 7068
AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3.3ghz
Asus M2N-SLI
GeiL Black Dragon 8gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600gt 1gb

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I have found that some things just plain don't work in Windows 7. Are you dual booted? If so, use your other OS.

Reaction score
I am not Dual booted, I suppose that's an option with 3 HDD's, but damn, to install all of that all over again... In any event, I have also downloaded and installed nvidia's Windows 7 updated driver and NF UC crashes and goes to BSOD faster than before the update...

There are other problems with running Vista x64... For some reason, in Vista x64 when I pull up system info it says Installed RAM 8gb, Total Physical Memory 4gb, Available Physical Memory 6.5gb.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just joined so I can comment on this frusterating issue. I get the same problem with nfs prostreet and undercover, loads to a black screen, sound runs, no picture, bring up desk top then close nfs then nfs exe error. Is there any info on what's going on and how to fix it.?
win 7 64bit
x2 6000
6GB ram
GTX280

Reaction score
have you tried disabling multiple monitor support, after doing this i atleast got to the screen where it says press enter after the intro, but then it went to a black screen again, i think we will have to wait for updated drivers for this game or a patch from EA

Reaction score
Just installed the new 185.81 windows 7 beta drivers and nfs is now fully playable, plus many other games seem to have increased in speed, only exception i can find is 3D Mark which gives a lower score

Reaction score
nfs udercover its has a stupid concepcion of racing it is on some sections the game stops a litle and it dosen't work good on winVista,and on windows 7 at all.
Direct X on game is not an eny version of standard windows Direct X 9 and 10

Reaction score
I tried 185.85 and nfs pro and undercover work:adore:. Also using win 7 7100 64bit RC.

Reaction score
nfsUndercover problem solwed

thank's for the hellp to solwing my problem whit nfsUndercover.I solwed my problem and I whery happy about that:). I'll be happy when you can see my desktop photos of win7 and say what you meen about them.

Reaction score
Bump.

I have found a fix for the problem with NFS Undercover and the black screen. If you update your video card drivers it'll work (e.g. guru3d.com) go there and download the LATEST 185.85 nVidia drivers and it'll work perfectly.

My computer specifications:
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
6GB Corsair XMS2 800 MHz RAM
AsRock N7AD-SLI Motherboard
1GB Sparkle nVidia 9500GT (Fanless)
2x320GB Hitachi DeskStar T7500 Drives.

Anyway, I hope this helps all you people who need it figured out. Just simply update the drivers and you're all good. Here's a direct link.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-Forceware-185.85-Windows-7-64-bit-WHQL-download-2274.html

Ask a Question