Need a soundcard that supports ASIO

Reaction score
I have Win 7 Professional on HP Compaq Pressario. The installed soundcard is Realtek which does not support ASIO. I am a songwriter and need to input melodies into my music program but there is a huge latency problem that requires the use of ASIO drivers to reduce the latency but when I try to do this everything goes silent. I have tried various solutions and have come to the conclusion that perhaps my best solution is to install a second soundcard that does support ASIO. Could anyone point me in the right direction for purchasing a reasonably priced soundard that does what I need it to do without all the hassle of going in and changing settings and inputs and outputs each time I want to record something. Win 7 only allows one input and one output at a time. I'm getting to almost hate it when it comes to working with music. Why did they change this from XP which worked so flawlessly in this regard?

Reaction score
Went to the above site but found that most of the cards listed were way outdated and are no longer available except as re-furbished or used, except the Sound Blaster XFi Series. Read all the reviews and the number of reports mentioning Creative's poor support frightened me. Many mentioned the fact that the included installation disc did not include drivers for WIN 7. Perhaps I will wait and do more research on Sound cards before making the plunge but thank you for the link, it is a start.

Reaction score
Have spent the entire day researching the various soundcards available and I have decided that if I can find out how to install the Sound Blaster X-Fi into my HP Compaq Presario CQ5500F that this is the one I will buy. Is it possible to get detailed instructions (preferably with pictures) about how this goes into the unit?

Ask a Question