SOLVED Need a list of WGA updates for Windows 7 Professional x64

Reaction score
I upgraded WtvWatcher to a newer version on Friday. The update somehow messed up Windows 7 Professional x64. I did a clean install yesterday. Somehow during the clean install all my Microsoft downloads were lost from my 2nd hard drive. Everything else on 2nd hard drive is fine. Documents, other Downloads, Music, Movies, Pictures and Videos survived. I had all the Windows 7 x64 WGA updates that I needed saved in Downloads. Could anyone on the forum provide a list of the WGA updates for Windows 7 Professional x64. Thanks every one.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
When you state "WGA" I am assuming you mean Windows Genuine Advantage?

Do you mean Windows 7 drivers specific to your system? These would be WHQL or Windows Hardware Quality Labs tested and approved drivers.

Do you mean updates from the Windows 7 update website? There is really no reason to download and save the updates, just let the update run and you're good.

IF you don't want a certain update you can always view the updates listed prior to downloading and installing them and then choose the "Hide Update" feature by right-clicking on the specific update you don't want.

If you could give us some more information, that would help.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you go to the control panel - windows updaes, and check for updates, You should get a list of alll that is available for your computer. Is that what you need?

Good idea to "check for updates, but let me decide..etc." you can then pick out the ones you want.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm talking about the Windows Genuine Advantage updates that you need WGA in order to get. Not regular Windows Updates or drivers.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, I'm talking about the Windows Genuine Advantage updates that you need WGA in order to get. Not regular Windows Updates or drivers.
There aren't a plethora of updates regarding this anyway. Maybe one or two perhaps.

Why don't you just go to the Windows 7 Genuine Advantage web page and download from there.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but this really isn't that big of deal to be honest with you. Plus it's an easy fix.

Reaction score
Thanks Nibiru2012. I'll search for that right after this post.
There aren't a plethora of updates regarding this anyway. Maybe one or two perhaps.

Why don't you just go to the Windows 7 Genuine Advantage web page and download from there.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but this really isn't that big of deal to be honest with you. Plus it's an easy fix.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Nibiru2012. Bing and Google were both worthless. They both only lsted Microsoft's Genuine Advantage page . Which didn't give any links to the WDA tool. The other sites they both listed were to hack WGA. Once WGA is installed atleast in Windows 7, Windows Update will download whatever WGA updates specific to your pc. That's wh I made sure to save a few of them. After rinstall and regular updates. I'd go to Microsoft's download page and search for one of the WGA updates just to get WGA installed installed and then let Windows/Microsoft install the one's I needed. Case solved. Installed it and getting ready to reboot and let Windows/Microsoft Update do it's work.
I should have given you a link earlier, that was rude and forgetful of me.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/DownloadValidationSupport.aspx?displaylang=en

Ask a Question