SOLVED Need a good font manager

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I need a good font manager to manage my font collection. For obvious reasons I don't want to drop all 9,000 fonts into the /fonts folder, I'd prefer to pick and choose and maintain some level of system/app responsiveness. However it's a lot of fonts to wade through with Windows Explorer, or Windows' native and horribly sucky Font Viewer.

I've tried Extensis Suitcase Fusion, which crashed. Font Xplorer just had the unpleasant feature of reloading the whole cache after each individual font install - no thanks.

So if you know of a really lightweight and efficient font manager, I'd like to know.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I've used MainType for the last 18 months / two years without any problems. I was a bit worried when I moved up to 64bit Seven from XP but I've had no issues. Just as well seeing as how I bought it!! You can load or install fonts. If loaded the font is removed when the PC re-boots. You can also (I believe) set it to load certain fonts to match programs. That's far too complicated for my simple mind so I just have an Adobe folder, Word Folder etc. and load them up as needed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That looks like a good app - I've been using an old version of "Font Lister" for a few years now, but it's getting long in the tooth and I could do with using a better application.

Ask a Question