MYST, Riven, Exile, etc?

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Does anyone play those games? If so, we should start a group!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Never played these games myself, but so many people have that I do wonder if I'm missing something ;)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I would say you are, heh, but because of the age, they are very cheap nowadays. You can get the 10th anniversary edition (MYST, Riven, Exile), which is what I have, for like 20 bucks. That's not much for three games and hours, days, months, maybe even years of entertainment. I know I've been playing Riven for about three to four years and still haven't beaten it. They are pretty awesome and I would recommend them to anyone.

Reaction score
I played the first one and liked it. After a few years I bought the triliogy but didnt play much before my wife split with it.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Hehe, yeah. Once you've played Exile or Riven, MYST is irrelevant. :D:D

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Also, I just learned that you can download realMYST for free with Gametap! :D:D Go fetch!

Reaction score
i have the original myst exile can i install it on my hp home premium 64 bit windows 7

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have the whole collection. Like Beta Man, I (was) battling through the games for years. Never finished one! The downside IS not finishing!!!!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I have all the Myst games as well. I think Riven is the hardest of the bunch (yes, I had to Google to finally finish it after owning and playing it for years before I had the Net). Of the rest, I think I had to just get a few hints here and there to complete the others.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
!! Exciting News!!

Myst Online : URU Live is up and running! >> http://mystonline.com/en/
It's now FREE to sign up, download and play to your heart's content.

It is multi-player but except for player added ages, the bulk of the game can be played alone. But that does not mean you don't have to go it alone. You can invite others to share your ages (and visa-versa).

I've already signed up and played a few hours yesterday, my IGN (in game name) is Draceena (natch) so if you do sign up and get your KI you can add me to your friends list.

:D

Reaction score
I have Myst 3 shelved up here somewhere. I remember playing it on my laptop (a Lenovo with a 1.8GHz Celeron, 1 GB RAM DDR2 and Windows XP) while lying down on my bed and I'd play until I doze off. :D

Ask a Question