My DVD cant install games after installing Win7

Reaction score
hey guys,im just installing win7 in my PC,because all my games is deleted by installation,im reinstalling all my games,when i want to do it,my dvd is hang.

any suggestions???

Windows 7 Professional 32bit

Last edited:
Reaction score
do you get the error message cd rom not reconized, if so buy new dvd/cd rom then try to install your games. most dvd/cd roms are not compatable with win7. but if you installed win7 from the same dvd/cd rom you should beable to install your games.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible your DVD is corrupt/damaged. Can you try it in a different computer just to verify the disk is OK?

If it starts to install and then hangs, you may need to run it in compatibility mode.

Recommendation that goes beyond your question:
Also, some older games try to write to their installed folder, so it is not a good idea to install them under c:\program files\ or C:\program files (x86)\ because W7 treats these folders as system folders. The game will fail if it tries to write to the protected system folders; instead I recommend you create a folder c:\games\ and install your older games under there.

Reaction score
Take care of these points:
  • Make sure all discs used are clean
  • Remove, examine, and re-connect the power connections to the DVD-ROM drive
  • Make sure the drive is recognized and data cable is correctly inserted to the DVD-ROM drive and the system board

Ask a Question