Multiple BSOD :/

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and have had Blue Screen issues since it was first built for me. I try to keep track of the numbers. Bad_Pool_Header, IRQL_Less_Not_Equal, Cache-Manager, System_Service_Exception, 0x00000034, 0x00000018...etc. Every time I go to update my drivers, Windows says they're up to date. I moved my drivers in the BIOS because I remember a BSOD saying something about Boot. I'm tired of taking my pc into I.T.s and not getting any result other than having new programs installed to protect against malware and viruses. Please help! I need my PC to complete homework for college. :/ Also for some reason every time I try to download the newest java, the download timing increases, it stops and says C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_15\java_sp.d II is corrupt.

Here's a link to my MiniDump http://sdrv.ms/Xr8VKd

Here's my info according to Speccy:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 51 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q-EM (LGA 775) 35 °C
Graphics
VE247 (1920x1080@60Hz)
512MB GeForce 9600 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc) 48 °C
Hard Drives
977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
156GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD161HJ ATA Device (SATA) 22 °C
977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA) 28 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20N ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

I'm guessing no one on here knows how to help?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I'm no expert at this stuff but if I read the specs for your ASUSTeK P5Q-EM motherboard correctly it seems you should have DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 Memory, not 400MHz. So I suggest you start by testing with 8 to 10 passes of Memtest86+ and see if it returns memory errors. If errors are found, I would contact the builder and raise heck that they used the wrong RAM. Go HERE for a list of RAM supported for that MOBO.

Also it is best to go to the manufacturer to get the latest BIOS & drivers, not rely on Windows Update to provide them, but the truth is I looked and 2009 is the latest for most of them so you probably are up-to-date.

As for Java, try uninstalling all versions completely and then see if the latest will install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trainable

I finally finished running the MEMTEST86+. Took almost an entire day! There weren't any errors. I don't know much about the insides of PCs but maybe if it's allowed, there are 4 pieces of RAM that are 400 each to equal 1600? Either way I still appreciate you trying to help my dilemma. :)

Next I will delete every trace of Java and try to install the newest update. I have no idea why the official download from the Java website would be corrupted. You think they'd have a handle on such a thing. :p

If you have any more to add feel free and thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
400MHz is the speed - higher number is faster. Doesn't matter how many chips you have, 400 MHz RAM will not run any faster than 400MHz. But if memtest didn't find any errors then that's not your problem. Your computer could make faster computations with faster memory but the slower RAM isn't causing your bluescreens.

I know you mentioned IT "experts" installing anti-malware, but if you want the most effective testing for viruses you should do it in safe mode as explained in the first part of my post HERE.

And as I mentioned, update your BIOS and drivers from the manufacturer's website.

other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Unfortunately I haven't seen our last active BSOD expert for about two months so you may need to post your DMP file in another forum with more active bluescreen debuggers.

Ask a Question