BSOD - Multiple Errors

Reaction score
I have recently been experiencing the BSOD on many occasions over the past few months. I have read into the crashdump files a little, but they really don't mean much to the untrained eye. So here it goes:

Original Computer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...portFAQ&prodSeriesId=4269976&prodTypeId=12454

1.) I put a new processor in it back in Febuary 2013. BSOD didn't start till May 2013.

2.) BSOD occurs at random.

3.) Upgraded to Corsair CX 500 power supply to rule that out as the problem.

Crashdump and CPU-Z screen-caps attached.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not a BSOD expert but I do see your errors are all over the place so maybe hardware? virus?

Have you tested your RAM with MemTest86+ (overnight 6-10 passes) ? If I read the CPU-Z correctly your TRAS should probably be 25 not 24 & tRC 35. Also make sure RAM voltage is 1.5

Reaction score
Could the problem be that I only had the 20 pin connector fastened to the mobo? The extra 4 pin connector wasn't connected when I bought the pc so when I swapped processors I left it unconnected...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have an ATX motherboard then yes you should have all 24 pins plugged in.

The power supply cable is usually designed so that if your motherboard was the old 20pin type that the extra 4 plugs fold away but if your motherboard has a 24 pin connection, then yes, it is expecting to have all 24 plugged in.

Ask a Question