SOLVED BSOD while doin damn near nothin. (MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just re-installed Windows on my rig (felt like a good time to do it) and I'm suddenly having some really weird stability issues.
I keep getting a BSOD for MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS for Wdf01000.sys
I've never seen that kind of error before. Looking at Speccy, I'm seeing my CPU is idling at 71C so I'm gonna replace the thermal paste and pegging at 90, but in case that doesn't help, Ideas?

-Vic

Attachments

Reaction score
Okay, cpu temp at a much better 39c idle. Five'll buy you ten I don't get any more BSODs.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Okay, cpu temp at a much better 39c idle. Five'll buy you ten I don't get any more BSODs.
Sounds like it took awhile for the thermal compound to activate and set.

Hope it is all good now for ya!

Reaction score
Actually, the temperature drop occurred after I replaced the old thermal paste with new stuff.

But, yes, that problem, as well as other symptoms like Minecraft slogging down the whole machine, has stopped occurring. Thank you, Shintaro, for reminding me to install SP1. I forgot it wasn't on the disk.

Seems a different BSOD problem has shown up again, though, but that's a story for a different thread.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

If you start a new thread I can look at the new crash dump files.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I updated the nvidia drivers before I installed SP1, but atheros.cz isn't working properly: can't download the drivers. The site was being updated today apparently, so I'll give it a day or so.

Ask a Question