SOLVED Ms Office 2010 RTM

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks davehc... already DL it. Planning to install later this weekend.

I have been running the BETA x64 version and it is lightning fast, to say the least!

:vroam: :burnout:

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Info: I had a couple of 32Bit items running, associated with the 2010 beta. (Sharepoint and others) The installation refused to run until I uninstalled them.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I downloaded the beta version of it yesterday, it's OK, but Microsoft Works (bundled with my computer) has what I need on it. I'll probably uninstall the beta tomorrow. About all that I use office software for is my monthly home budget. But it's good software for those who uses it's features.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yeah well. I get it for free. But, as Mallory said about hisreasons for climbing Everest. (Because it's there.)
I hardly ever write long Docs. 2003 did it for me. 2010 is magnificent with its features, I might even be able to use one or two - but it's there!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I haven't uninstalled it yet, I'm just not used to using office software. I do use budget sheets, but I may try to do a letter or two to see how I like it. It's just so much there (Office 2010 beta), and I'm not used to it. I don't know when the beta runs out, but most likely, I'll be a member myself by the end of next month, and I'll see what other office software is offered. I hope they offer Microsoft Works.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Good idea, cat, to take time out and work thoroughly through ALL the options.
Then, as I eventually discovered with the earlier releases, the right click on whatever you are writing is the magic. I agree though, it is over the top for all except professional writers. Truth is, Wordpad just about does it for me!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It is overwhelming, all of the options that I have here. It will take some getting used to on my part. Much of this stuff is for professionals.

Ask a Question