SOLVED Moved from XP to 7 64bit and have lost loads of drivers

Reaction score
Hi There People

I built this machine and I moved from XP to Windows 7 64bit and I have lost loads of stuff because it is either on the HDD on the caddy next to me and it will not load or the software / driver is not supported by Windows 7

1. Epson DX 4000 got the print / scan software, but lost the OCR software ABBYY.
  2. Logitech webcam, there is no serial number on the housing but the CD reads; Quickcam 8.4.8 this worked fine in XP
I will add to this as I come across anymore.

Oh yes while I am here please see my other thread regarding Outlook and hyperlinks, this only started after I started running Windows 7

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless you were running XP Pro 64-bit you were not using 64-bit drivers in XP so you will need completely new drivers for your hardware. Epson DX 4000 drivers. Logitech Webcams.

As for the OCR software, that would have to come from Epson and once you get the 64-bit Epson drivers installed it may be possible to install the OCR ABBYY software from the Epson CD. According to the W7 compatibility center, ABBYY Finereader version 6 and up are W7 compatible.

Reaction score
Did you run the windows 7 upgrade advisory for software/hardware compatibility before installing windows 7?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/webcams

Well for your logitech device, you can go to logitechs website and browse through their webcams for the device.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/webcams
Hi There Bassfisher

Reference the first of your links, the answer is no I installed Wind 7 64 bit direct onto my new 2tb from the disc.

Reference the second post I have been there but there is no image as to what my webcam look like and also there is no model number on it.

Looks like I am going to have to purchase another one.Can you recommend a good one that works with Windows 7 64 bit ?
I will be using it on Skype

Have you seen my other thread which is more important;

https://www.w7forums.com/can-not-get-outook-2010-work-hyperlinks-t16514.html

Regards

Tony

Reaction score
Unless you were running XP Pro 64-bit you were not using 64-bit drivers in XP so you will need completely new drivers for your hardware. Epson DX 4000 drivers. Logitech Webcams.

As for the OCR software, that would have to come from Epson and once you get the 64-bit Epson drivers installed it may be possible to install the OCR ABBYY software from the Epson CD. According to the W7 compatibility center, ABBYY Finereader version 6 and up are W7 compatible.
Hi There

Thanks for that

Epson drivers now updated

I now need another webcam as I can not find mine on their home page.

Can you suggest one that will work with my os and is good for Skype ?

Regards

Tony

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you post a pic of your webcam?

It looks like most of the Logitech Quickcams have the same software. I suggest you try this Logitech driver HERE (choose the Downloads tab and then hit the Download option).

Reaction score
Hi There

Please attached Front,Side & Top view.

If needed I can takapart and look inside for a serial number

On the Top view image behind the "Logitech" name there is a button for photos, but I have never used it.

I have been on their site but cannot see any image that looks like my camera.

Regards

Tony

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No don't take it apart.

As i said above, Go >>HERE<<, select the downloads tab and download the Logitech software lws110_x64.exe

It is the same software for almost all the cameras so just try it.

Reaction score
No don't take it apart.

As i said above, Go >>HERE<<, select the downloads tab and download the Logitech software lws110_x64.exe

It is the same software for almost all the cameras so just try it.
Hi There

Thanks for that, I went there and installed [ lws110_x64.exe ] but it came up with this ! ! !

Please see image attached.

The weird things is I have all the shortcuts ready to rock and roll

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it is going to work; apparently it was able to detect a microphone but it doesn't see that camera.

It is possible you own one of the Logitech Quickcams that they stop supporting after XP (and that would probably explain why it isn't shown in the Logitech webcam list).

I felt it was worth trying but it is looking like you will need a new webcam and you can uninstall the webcam software that was just installed (control panel > programs and features ... locate anything Logitech webcam related and "uninstall")

The truth is almost any webcam that is recognized by the W7 OS will work with Skype. I looked on a popular retailers website and cheap webcam w/ microphone can be had in the USA for as low as $10 with better ones offered around $25-$45US. Of course there are high-end ones for $100-$200 but if all you need it for is Skype I think you would likely be happy with even the most basic model.

Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it is going to work; apparently it was able to detect a microphone but it doesn't see that camera.

It is possible you own one of the Logitech Quickcams that they stop supporting after XP (and that would probably explain why it isn't shown in the Logitech webcam list).

I felt it was worth trying but it is looking like you will need a new webcam and you can uninstall the webcam software that was just installed (control panel > programs and features ... locate anything Logitech webcam related and "uninstall")

The truth is almost any webcam that is recognized by the W7 OS will work with Skype. I looked on a popular retailers website and cheap webcam w/ microphone can be had in the USA for as low as $10 with better ones offered around $25-$45US. Of course there are high-end ones for $100-$200 but if all you need it for is Skype I think you would likely be happy with even the most basic model.
Thanks for all your help

While I have your attention can you please have a quick look at my other tread

https://www.w7forums.com/can-not-get-outook-2010-work-hyperlinks-t16514.html

Plenty have looked at the thread but as yest nobody has come up with an answer that works.

I am several other Forums asking the ssame question

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/c913c11c-f664-4383-82aa-a925f91991ac

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63636721#post63636721

These are just two.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Tony

Ask a Question