SOLVED Move to Folder

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have looked at this for about 15 minuets and i cant see how to place the (Move to Folder - Its in Edit) to the left hand menu ?, any ideas would be welcome :D

Left hand Menu ................................... In Edit

Reaction score
Im not sure about placing it in the left hand menu but I know you can place it on right click menu context. Im not sure if this is of any help but I will post the info just in case

To do this you need to tweak the registry to place this in the menu, You can use the code below or a quick search on google/bing (or whatever engine you use) should find it for you ready made. You can also edit to regfix so just copy to folder (or move to) appears in the menu which is nice for use on other peoples computer so they dont get into the habit of using move to everytime and dropping a clanger and screwing up the data ransfer and loosing files.

Open Notepad and copy and paste the text inside the codebox into Notepad:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]
- Save this as copymove.reg > choose to save as *all files > and place it on your desktop.
- On your desktop, it must look like a white sheet with little green boxes on it.
- Double-click on it and, when you are asked if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click YES/OK.

If you want to reverse the fix at any time use the regfix below

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}]

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes Cookieman, right click menu context is fine :D

Thanks M8 :top:

Reaction score
HUGE HELP!!! Thank you a zillion times.....I missed and desperately NEEDED my "File and Folders Task" menu form XP.

Right clicking on a file or folder is a bit more of a pain but at least NOW I have "Copy to Folder" and "Move to Folder?" Thank you AGAIN!!!

The instructions were very clear, even though it took me a couple of tries to get it to go into the registry (or whatever weird place it needed to live.)

Whoever decided to omit that XP feature was kind of a dope, If you do a ton with pictures or music....that was a real time saver. Last thing I wanted to do was that Drag and Drop stuff. Who thought that would be a time-saver???

About My New Win7 computer?
"She's a bit of a monster, sir, but I think I have her worried...."

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just curious.
Why did you find Drag and drop slower than accessing the modified right click menu?

My memory escaped me. I had to open one of my grandchildrens computers to have a look at XP. (That is not meant as sarcasm - they are the only family members using XP - old computers!)
What exactly was the "File and folders task" feature in XP. I couldn't find it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question