SOLVED Motherboard/processor upgrade, then Blue screen and crash.

Reaction score
Alright, I did a series of things today.

First, i used a windows 7 ultimate upgrade disc to take my Vista to windows 7.

Then, I switched out my 6 year old processor, board, and RAM for a ASROCK z87 motherboard, a Haswell I7 4770k processor, and 8x1 gb of corsair vengeance RAM.

Now, it starts up crazy fast, gets to the loading bar-ish thingy, BSODs for a split second, then restarts. I'm running startup repair as we speak, but I don't know if it will find anything.

In short: is there any way to reconfigure win7 to my new hardware without reformatting my HDDs?

I haven't tried starting to safemode yet, and if startup repair fails, i'll try that and post the reporting files.

Thanks in advance,
S.V.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well since you did so much it could be a lot of things.

I suggest you go to the manufacturers website and make sure you have the latest BIOS and get all the latest W7 drivers. Install the drivers in safe mode if possible.

Could also be your memory is bad or poorly configured so you should run Memtest86+ overnight for 6 to 10 passes.

Also post your memory DMPs.

Reaction score
I figured it out; my hard drive controllers were configured improperly. Fixed that, and now my computer starts up and runs fine. The only issues I have now are graphical ones, but those will hopefully be solved when I put my new GPU in.

Ask a Question