SOLVED laptop won't sleep

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Today, I installed Home Premium 32 bit (it's dual booting with Win 2K Pro) on a Dell Latitude C640. After much patience, googling and having a driver disc for this laptop, I finally finished the install. For a 2002 model laptop, it looks pretty good. The only known problem that I'm having is that it won't go into sleep mode. All of the other options are there except that. Windows 7 will install on almost anything there is, it looks like. Anyone have a suggestion for the sleep mode problem?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi catilley
The only known problem that I'm having is that it won't go into sleep mode. All of the other options are there except that
Is sleep greyed out or just not there ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's grayed out, but I can't use it. There must be something to make it function. On my Latitude 610, everything went fine, the entire install took an hour (including updating).

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Graphics Drivers can affect this function you may need the latest or reinstall the latest, also check you have the latest chip set Drivers.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Driver Max took care of the problem for me. The program found 4 outdated and one missing driver. Now my graphics name shows up: Mobility Radeon 7500, instead of Standard Graphics Adaptors. It's also a free program. If you look hard enough, you'll find a free solution for almost any software or driver problem. I would recommend that program to anyone with older systems, if for no other reason, to update their drivers.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Now my graphics name shows up: Mobility Radeon 7500, instead of Standard Graphics Adaptors
Thats good news Catilley glad you got your Graphics sorted out.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Me too, that was the last thing left to do. I have a driver disc for the laptop, but being it was made in 2002, they were Win 2K/XP drivers. I was fortunate to get it fixed for free.

Ask a Question