Killing the Taskbar

Reaction score
Win 7 Home "Premium" 64 bit in a 4 core new build. Although I have ALL the apparently available settings adjusted to minimize the taskbar's presence (lock the taskbar, autohide the taskbar, everything in the notification area set to "hide icon and notifications"), it will STILL appear as though it, or an open application, wants to "tell me something". Often, this will happen when I have 12 or more windows open, 6 Firefox pages, 4 WE windows, a couple Word docs, just a general mix. This would be bad enough, but it DOES NOT INDICATE WHICH open window "wants me", you know, by having THAT ICON turn a different color, or blink or something similar, so the only thing I can do to get the GD taskbar outta my face is close windows one by one, until I get to the offending window. WHILE I'M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TRYING TO DO SOMETHING! This has happened hundreds of times since I began using the OS, and NOT ONE TIME has there been a need for the app in question to "get my attention". It always turns out to be a FF page just sitting on Google, or a WE window where nothing has changed for an hour or more, or some similar non-issue situation. I also don't like how the bloody thing "pops up" when the mouse moves to the bottom of the screen. Often this happens when I am doing a CTRL/F search, or trying to scroll the page side to side, or access something at the bottom of a web page or app, etc. Is there a WAY TO SET THE &%$!#%! thing so it ONLY appears when I press the window key, and NEVER at any other time???

I've used every MS OS going back to DOS. I liked XP & Win2K. I can't stand Win7. Most annoying, crashy, access limiting, controlling, dumbed-down, in-your-face bloody thing. The only OS I've used which was worse (maybe) was the abysmal ME. People who like 7 usually preface that observation by saying "It's WAY better than VISTA"!!! Talk about damning with faint praise. I only ran Vista briefly in BETA. I don't doubt it was worse, but 7 is infuriating enough. The only reason I don't reload XP is I don't have a 64 bit version to make use of my 6 gig of RAM.

BMN

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's not a windows Key but perhaps this little app from the Windows Club would be able to satisfy your needs ... See HERE

Ask a Question